What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion
Jun 17, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #226 of 292
If I have money - scotch. If I don't have money - rum. If I have less money than that - Two Hearted Ale P=

I'm now at 12 hours away from having my 325es so that means I'm currently drinking two hearted....

Jun 18, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #227 of 292
Scotch if I'm alone (Best bang for buck=Something Special!),
Kentucky Mule (Bulleit Rye) if I'm at a good bar (secret: if you try with ginger ale, you're doing it wrong!)
Gin (Tanqueray or Plymouth preferably) and Tonic with extra lime if I'm with people and feel like liquor

Beers by season:

Spring: Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
Summer: Bell's Oberon
Fall: Sam Adams Octoberfest/Southern Tier Pumpking
Winter: Hopefully more Pumpking or Shipyard Pumpkinhead

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #228 of 292
Hmmm  tough call.  I say it is a mood thing

Beers

-Down at the local pub/marina - A nice Leinenkuegal Honeyweiss with a lemon
-Out for a beer experience with buds - Smithwicks, Boddingtons or Newcastle
-If I can ever find it again - Theakstons on tap

Wine

-Generally a nice Pinot Noir or Malbec just to drink.  A hearty Cab for a meal pairing.
-Pinot Grigio if my wife finds one she likes and it is only by the bottle when out for dinner.

Liquor

-Old standby is a rum and coke.  Generally Bacardi Amber or 151 for a kick
-Canadian whiskey - Alberta Springs sipping whiskey or Tangle Ridge
-Scotch Whiskeys - Generally like the Speysides.  Go to is Macallan 15 or 18.  Neat with about 1/2 teaspoon of water to break it and then swirl and let it breathe for about 5 minutes.  Liquid Heaven.

Paul

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #229 of 292
  Hmmm  tough call.  I say it is a mood thing

Beers

-Down at the local pub/marina - A nice Leinenkuegal Honeyweiss with a lemon
-Out for a beer experience with buds - Smithwicks, Boddingtons or Newcastle
-If I can ever find it again - Theakstons on tap

Wine

-Generally a nice Pinot Noir or Malbec just to drink.  A hearty Cab for a meal pairing.
-Pinot Grigio if my wife finds one she likes and it is only by the bottle when out for dinner.

Liquor

-Old standby is a rum and coke.  Generally Bacardi Amber or 151 for a kick
-Canadian whiskey - Alberta Springs sipping whiskey or Tangle Ridge
-Scotch Whiskeys - Generally like the Speysides.  Go to is Macallan 15 or 18.  Neat with about 1/2 teaspoon of water to break it and then swirl and let it breathe for about 5 minutes.  Liquid Heaven.

Paul

Theakstons Old Peculier on tap is one of the finest things on earth. While the bottled stuff's great for what it is, it doesn't come close.

Jun 19, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #232 of 292
Well well well...   As it turns out, ITunes would not let me download that APP from the U.S. ITunes store.  Not to be thwarted I simply went to the Theakstons website and found they have their own pub locator.  Beer nirvana is only 43 miles away. 
wink_face.gif

Then I found out that the brewery itself is only 186 miles away.  I could go on the tour, crawl into a vat and die a happy guy. 

P.

Aug 18, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #233 of 292
I plan to have my cousin make me 2 of these. I recently had some tequilla aged in a whiskey barrel and I loved it. This won't quite be the same but should give the tequilla a little added taste each time.

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #234 of 292

My friend was Theakston's VAT Officer for a while, and I would occasionally go with him to sit in the bar while he met with their accountant. A nice drive through stunning scenery and a couple of pints of Old Peculiar at the pub next to the brewery - nirvana!

Aug 22, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #235 of 292

My friend was Theakston's VAT Officer for a while, and I would occasionally go with him to sit in the bar while he met with their accountant. A nice drive through stunning scenery and a couple of pints of Old Peculiar at the pub next to the brewery - nirvana!

I was at school (for a couple of years) with Helen Theakston. The school, however, was in Ruddles territory (Oakham, Rutland).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back