What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion
Apr 18, 2015 at 6:01 PM Post #215 of 292
 It so depends on the night.  Normally a glass of red wine, burgundy or there abouts.  Some nights a glass of calvadoes, brandy, armegnac, or cognac. Other nights, if it is warm, a glass of ipa or heffavies beer.

s

May 4, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #216 of 292
Just bought a bottle of Red Leg spiced rum, currently discounted at my local Sainsbury's. Smooth, sweet and the vanilla is really evident, with a little ginger on the aftertaste.

It doesn't have that slightly metallic taste of some rums. It is begging for use in a cocktail as well as being drunk neat.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/rum/redleg/redleg-spiced-rum/

May 4, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #217 of 292

Pernod and Diet Coke has been my main tipple for nearly twenty years now. Known as a Mekong, after the mighty river. You know it is the right mix when it looks like river water at monsoon.

May 4, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #218 of 292

Pernod and Diet Coke has been my main tipple for nearly twenty years now. Known as a Mekong, after the mighty river. You know it is the right mix when it looks like river water at monsoon.

Interesting-sounding combination!

Puts me in mind of one of Billy Connoly's stand-up lines about hangovers "Bacardi and Tizer... worst pint I ever had!"

May 4, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #219 of 292

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #220 of 292
Just taken delivery of a half case (at half price) of Petit Hipparia, a Spanish blend of Petit Verdot, Shiraz, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon & Cabernet Franc.

You have to let the bugger breathe for a couple of hours at least to get the best out of it, but it is a damn good red. 14.5% alcohol means it'll send you to sleep on a hot afternoon, but I'm having this in the evening while watching the French Open Tennis, followed by Warrington v Les Catalans (Rugby League).

Jun 8, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #221 of 292
  Interesting-sounding combination!

Puts me in mind of one of Billy Connoly's stand-up lines about hangovers "Bacardi and Tizer... worst pint I ever had!"

My other favourite tipple is Creme de Menthe, as Billy C says, "it's what the Pope drinks, two pints of Creme de Menthe and a bag of Pork Scratchings and no wonder he needs to be carried everywhere".

Jun 8, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #222 of 292
Lately I've been mixing with Camarena tequila, and drinking more Evan Williams cherry. I bought a bottle of Jonnie Walker Red label recently and wasn't a fan of the dryness of it. I tried the black label which was a little better, but I don't care for rye flavor. 

Jun 12, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #223 of 292
G'Vine gin. I'm on paleo so the whole fact that its made with grapes rather than corn or a grain allows me to believe its healthy for me. :wink_face:

Jun 17, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #224 of 292

Cheap garbage vodka....I already spend all my money on headphones, I don't need to have another EXPENSIVE habit.

Jun 17, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #225 of 292
....the most expensive looking CLEARANCE bottle of wine for me ...under 20bucks...15bucks would be sweet :p

but these days...freshlysqueezedfruitjuice is the way out , if available...with a drop of GIN :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back