What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion
Apr 17, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #286 of 292
Not a big fan of tropical or fruity cocktails, but had a small gathering tonight and invited a good friend of mines who's a mixologist to handle the drinks. At the end of the night we were both enjoying listening to my Stax SR-007 and Blue Hawaii amp combo while sipping Blue Hawaiis he had made. This is the first time I actually enjoyed what is considered a touristy cocktail, not sure if I would have enjoyed it as much if I or someone else makes them. Here's a little interesting history on the Blue Hawaii drink, it was invented by a gentlemen named Harry Yee in 1957. Harry who was born and raised in Honolulu Hawaii was the head bartender and manager of the cocktail program at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Hotel in Waikiki during the 50's. A sales rep for Bols blue caracao liqueur was staying at the hotel in 1957 had given Harry a bottle of it and ask him to do something with it. Harry came up with a blue mix cocktail that no one else had created anywhere and named it Blue Hawaii after the blue colored ocean of Waikiki beech that is located behind the Hilton Hawaiian Village hotel. Harry is still alive today and still resides in Honolulu.

Apr 20, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #287 of 292
Boodles & Tonic or a Sapphire Martini..... I imprinted on Sinatra and Dino too much as a child. :D

Apr 20, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #288 of 292

I like beer, although I frequently have a cognac or two late at night.  Those who like beer may wish to check out BeerAdvocate.com, a wealth of free information (including tons of user reviews) about beer.  If I had to choose just one beer, it would be Great Lakes Dortmunder Gold. 

Apr 27, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #290 of 292
Dutch guy here, so obviously beer :) Hertog Jan pilsener preferred. Girlfriend loves wine, rosé or whatever it's called so I have acquired a taste for that as well.

Jul 12, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #291 of 292
If anyone wants to dip their toe into the taste of the Islay whiskies but don't want to have a whole bottle of Lagavulin or Laphroaig that they can't drink because it is too peaty; I would suggest a bottle of the Bowmore.  Only the slightest hint of peat and VERY drinkable at any time.  YUM!

Paul

Jul 17, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #292 of 292
Beers for me. Any brand, Miller, Bud Light, Coors Light, Heineken, Tecate, Corona 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back