What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion
Aug 16, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #138 of 292

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #139 of 292
   + or 

otherwise I likes a good ol' fasioned

a "good old fashioned" guinness is always preference number one for me, but if im mixing liquor with coke, id rather just have jack daniels, or rum. rum n coke is like a "party drink" for my friends and i. finnish a bottle of rum with 2-3 others and it sets you off in the right direction, maybe its just me, but it always puts me in a good mood.
gin and tonic is also good, but thats a heavier drunk feeling, thats what wed drink if we wanted to get s**t-faced =]

Aug 17, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #140 of 292
  a "good old fashioned" guinness is always preference number one for me, but if im mixing liquor with coke, id rather just have jack daniels, or rum. rum n coke is like a "party drink" for my friends and i. finnish a bottle of rum with 2-3 others and it sets you off in the right direction, maybe its just me, but it always puts me in a good mood.
gin and tonic is also good, but thats a heavier drunk feeling, thats what wed drink if we wanted to get s**t-faced =]

My main group of friends are... lame ,  so I can't keep Jack around them. The awesome people who like that stuff are all gone. I'm the only real man around these days :p

Aug 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #141 of 292
Single Malt.   I'm partial to Highland Park  21,18 & 12 year - would love to try the 40 but.... , Oban 14 year, Glen Morangie 21, 18.   Talisker is about the only Islay scotch I drink, the rest at too peaty for my taste.  I might go though 2 bottles in a year, probably not that much on average. 

Beer - Guinness on Tap, Fat Scotch Ale (silver city), Ambers of various sorts.  - maybe 12-15 pints a year.  Don't really count but it's not much. 

Quality over quantity for me. 

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:50 PM Post #142 of 292
  My main group of friends are... lame ,  so I can't keep Jack around them. The awesome people who like that stuff are all gone. I'm the only real man around these days :p

Jack and coke is good mix or every once in a while I like to pour a glass and enjoy sipping it. I keep a bottle of Jack and Gentleman Jack around for myself and few of my other friends who enjoy it when they drop in for a visit.

Aug 19, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #145 of 292
Beer - Guinness Draught, sometimes Pilsner Urquell.

Whisky - mostly Johnnie Walker Black Label which I think is really good at price/taste category.

Korean Soju when i'm going to drink more heavily with friends. I do not like regular vodka.

Aug 25, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #146 of 292
Whiskey neat for me any day!

My favourites are Glenmorangie 12yo, Aberlour Abunadh and Highland Park 12. I've also got a bottle of the Ardbeg 10yo monster which I use to fix bad whiskeys, just because I like to try new whiskeys as I go, so when you get a bad flavourless dram you just add one or two drop of Ardbeg and BAM! it really makes a huge difference. Really impressed a few people with this trick.

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back