What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion
Sep 4, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #153 of 292
Went to the liquor store today and collected my ordered 24pack with Samuel adams Summer ale! Passed some other kinds in there while going to the register, so picked up a Samuel adams Oktoberfest, Imerial stout, Boston lager/ale, Spaten Oktoberfest and some Paulaner Oktoberfest. Will be an awesome weekend that is coming now!

Sep 8, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #161 of 292
Bad news! I have just got back from Asda, and they seem to have discontinued their 'own label' single malts.

I have consoled myself with a bottle of fine Welsh single malt whisky - Penderyn Madeira Cask finish.

Sep 13, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #164 of 292
  Oh I like it with coke, but with sprite you can taste the flavor of the liquor better. It's closer to a 7and7 this way. Don't knock it 'til you try it!

so i was at an event a couple of days ago and i wanted a whisky and coke - but they were out of coke, so i tried whisky and sprite, remembering what you said.

i was pleasantly surprised. i felt the two drinks kinda canceled each other out, making the sprite not too sweet, and the whisky not too strong, resulting in a nice balanced glass, even though the bartender made it really (REALLY) strong. 

cheers

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #165 of 292
  so i was at an event a couple of days ago and i wanted a whisky and coke - but they were out of coke, so i tried whisky and sprite, remembering what you said.

i was pleasantly surprised. i felt the two drinks kinda canceled each other out, making the sprite not too sweet, and the whisky not too strong, resulting in a nice balanced glass, even though the bartender made it really (REALLY) strong. 

cheers

Awesome! Glad I got you to try something new! Who runs out of Coke? Haha 

Every time I go to an event I make sure to tip the bartender pretty well for my first drink hoping they'll be a little generous with the liquor the next time I order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back