What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion
Feb 20, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #47 of 292
drinking alot of water before, during, and after your drinking binge is known to be important. and sleeping enough ofcourse.

if already hungover, i believe there are 3 things you must do to shake it off:
1. drink black coffee
2. eat
3. take a dump

not necessarily in that order.

God has created a cure for the hangover and it's green. Nausea and headache gone immediately.

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:51 AM Post #48 of 292
I usually do drink water but sometimes it isn't enough :p Getting out and have som fresh air is such a nice thing though!

Feb 20, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #51 of 292
I've become really fond of scotch and aged beer. As for names: Lagavulin, Aberlour, and Glenfiddich for scotch. Innis and Gunn for beer.

I'll still binge on cheap beer and whisky at parties and get-togethers but when I'm not trying to get pissed then I prefer the above.

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #52 of 292
Tend to do martinis as my go-to... Barr Hill or Ransom gin and Vya Extra Dry vermouth.

Still working through an 18yo Macallan I got for my birthday... but that's a luxury, usually I keep it local with Catoctin Creek Roundstone Rye (or their new brandy is fantastic)... 

Have my beers that I love... 21st Amendment's 'Hop Crisis' is a fantastic IPA, anything from Unibroue does it for me, recently had Uinta's 'Sea Legs' Baltic porter and that was a delight... Hit up the local brews fairly often, but they usually don't really wow me.

Voted on wine though, as that's a never-ending adventure. Bound to find something from a previously-unknown-to-me winery, wherever I end up. Tend toward carménère, malbec, and cabernet sauvignon.

So, I guess the answer is... whatever you have. :wink: Cheers!

Feb 20, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #53 of 292
I've become really fond of scotch and aged beer. As for names: Lagavulin, Aberlour, and Glenfiddich for scotch. Innis and Gunn for beer.

I'll still binge on cheap beer and whisky at parties and get-togethers but when I'm not trying to get pissed then I prefer the above.

Hey man, you have Excellent taste in booze!

This calls for a :beerchug:

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:57 AM Post #54 of 292

Innis & Gunn's regular brew is great, but I've been having a bit of a love affair with their rum cask version recently.

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #55 of 292
Innis & Gunn's regular brew is great, but I've been having a bit of a love affair with their rum cask version recently.

The Innis & Gunn Rum Cask is outstanding!

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #57 of 292
Pinnacle Cotton Candy Vodka straight.  Yeah...so hardcore/

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #58 of 292
I'm normally a beer drinker, I like a good porter or stout.

Recently, I have not had the urge to drink at all. It's been three weeks since I had a beer. I will usually get a six pack on Friday night and it will last me 3 or 4 days. Anyone else go through those phases?

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #59 of 292
  I'm normally a beer drinker, I like a good porter or stout.

Recently, I have not had the urge to drink at all. It's been three weeks since I had a beer. I will usually get a six pack on Friday night and it will last me 3 or 4 days. Anyone else go through those phases?

I do sometimes. I normally don't drink during my work week, but I like to have a drink while I watch a movie or something before I get ready for bed. It helps me relax and I sleep much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back