What's wrong with the iPod Touch?
Sep 20, 2009 at 2:47 PM Post #46 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Mono /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to music with the Touch 1G is possible ....

Why are you banging on about the 1G. Its old. Its sounds different to the 2G and the new 3G.

Sep 21, 2009 at 10:11 AM Post #50 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^^Look at the name of the thread, does it say 3G?

Who cares what it says. No ones going to run out and buy anything other than the new one. On Headfi you expect people to have a little cop on.

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #52 of 104
All iPod Touch runs the same software. It is pointless to buy a 2G and 3G Touch if you have a 1G device, only minor changes. And the 1G doesn't suck because it is old. It sucks because it is a careless design. My iRiver is old and sounds freakin' awesome. I paid $150 for 256 MB. That worth it, made me happy. I paid $330 for the 8GB Touch. That worth it too, because the apps and safari is really great, the GUI is nice. As a DAP it is bad, too harsh sound. I never heard a 2G or 3G device. Many says though it is not a big difference. Listening to my SONY, it makes a huge difference.

Sep 21, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #53 of 104
Quote:

All iPod Touch runs the same software. It is pointless to buy a 2G and 3G Touch if you have a 1G device, only minor changes. And the 1G doesn't suck because it is old. It sucks because it is a careless design. My iRiver is old and sounds freakin' awesome. I paid $150 for 256 MB. That worth it, made me happy. I paid $330 for the 8GB Touch. That worth it too, because the apps and safari is really great, the GUI is nice. As a DAP it is bad, too harsh sound. I never heard a 2G or 3G device. Many says though it is not a big difference. Listening to my SONY, it makes a huge difference.

You smoking what your speaking !!

There's nothing wrong with the Touch (2G or 3G) and it sounds the same as my Sony A829.

Someone has already posted the audio chip was changed after the 1G Touch and other posts on here also noted an improvement in sound quality with v3 (or 3.1) software.

Where my A829 is better than the Touch is with blutooth stereo headsets where the A829 is noticeably nicer, but with wired Shure SE530's they are nearly identical (sligtly different sound signatures).

rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albinoni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They call it the Touch because at the end of the day it touches too many peoples hearts, but dissapoints them.

The only thing that dissapoints is battery life playing games. For music, 30+ hours is fine.

Sep 21, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #54 of 104
Quote:

Most people are satisfied with the touch because they don't know better.

Oh please. The Touch sounds damned great unamped with my AD900s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albinoni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They call it the Touch because at the end of the day it touches too many peoples hearts, but dissapoints them.

How profound.

Sep 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #55 of 104
Don't knock it until you try it out yourself, no matter what anyone on these boards say including me. Although I still prefer my A728 to my new 64gb Touch, I find that I am satisfied with the Touch's SQ and am very content with my purchase.

Sep 21, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #57 of 104
I think what can be agreed on, is what sounds good to one may not to another. It's all a matter of opinion, that's all. I've seen far too many threads like this descend into a mine's better than yours rant, ending up in flaming between those defending their favourite's. You look at the specs, form factor, take on peoples views and make up your mind. Simple really.

Oh, for what it's worth, the Touch sounds worse than any other DAP I've owned. Just my opinion
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #58 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by bernado /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, for what it's worth, the Touch sounds worse than any other DAP I've owned. Just my opinion
ksc75smile.gif

You lot saying the Touch has poor SQ arn't listening with the included earphones are you
L3000.gif
Anything sounds crap with them!

I can understand people hearing different things, but some keep harping on about the Sony and I've done back-to-back comparrisons between my 3G Touch and Walkman A829 with the excellent Shure SE530's and the same songs and their as good as each other to my same ears.

This is all without any EQ of course. Play about with EQ settings and the Sony has much for flexibility especially in the bass department.

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #59 of 104
Quote:

All iPod Touch runs the same software. It is pointless to buy a 2G and 3G Touch if you have a 1G device, only minor changes. ....

The hardware is different.

Quote:

ksc75smile.gif

Subjectivity doesn't come into it. The hardware is changed. Without that realisation the comments are meaningless.

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:13 PM Post #60 of 104
Quote:

ksc75smile.gif

It's indeed a matter of opinion. But I must say that - just like you - I haven't heard any Apple DAP that sounded very convincing to my ears. That's why I won't ever buy an iPod. They have their strenghts but great SQ is my highest priority in a DAP. Apple has some great computers, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back