Whats up with people and cats on this site?
Jul 12, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #31 of 76

Jul 12, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #32 of 76

Quote:
[FlameSuite]
10 reasons why cats are better than dawgs.

• Cats use a litter box. You don’t have to get up at 6am to walk them in all types of weather. They also do not take much training in using a litter box as kittens. You just sit them in the litter box and they know what to do.
  • Cats are independent. You can leave a cat alone for a few days and they will not be traumatized. Just make sure you leave enough dry food and water available to them.
  • Cats wash themselves. While you may have to wash them very occasionally if they get into something dirty, cats do a good job of keeping themselves clean. Their self cleaning does lead to hairballs but there are ways to prevent hairballs.
  • Cats are quieter.  A cat’s meow is usually much quieter than a dogs bark. They will not wake you up in the middle of the night barking at anything that moves.
  • Cats are more sophisticated looking than dogs. Cats are sleek and almost always attractive. They give off a regal air when they sit.
  • Cats don’t usually beg for food. They might not always be happy with the food they are given but they won’t usually sit at the dining room table and beg for scraps.
  • Cats purr. There is nothing like a cat’s purr to make you feel good. It has been proven that a cat’s purr can lower your blood pressure and your stress levels. There are also studies that suggest that cats use their purring to manipulate humans.
  • Cats rub against you to show affection. They show affection by rubbing their heads against your legs or by giving you a gentle head butt.
  • Cats don’t expect to be taken for walks. Most cats will not tolerate being put on a leash and will not usually cooperate when you try to take them for a walk anyway.
  • Cats can live their entire lives indoors. While many people let their cats roam free, many others, especially in cities, keep their cats indoors at all times and the cats are perfectly happy and content.

(from http://therealowner.com/cats/10-reasons-why-cats-are-better-than-dogs)

[/FlameSuite]

Not really flaming but 6 and 10 are wrong :wink:...

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #33 of 76

Quote:

Not really flaming but 6 and 10 are wrong :wink:...

I must disagree with you. My wife’s Persian cat does not beg for food at the dinner table. This may be accredited to not giving her table scraps as she eats only from her food bowl. Often she’ll lay on the kitchen island and rest during meals and pay little attention to our dinner. The only exception is when we open an can of tuna. We often give her a small can of tuna for a birthday treat. The cat is 13 years old, always been indoors, and her health is exemplary. She is playful and happy with the exception of severe stress when traveling to the Vet each year.

9 pounds of trouble.

Jul 13, 2010 at 7:53 AM Post #34 of 76
Cats ARE disgusting, at least my neighbours, but she's also disgusting. I live in a flat, so we have a shared hall way and I've seen the cat bring in dead mice and leave them on the stairs, it's also crap on the stairs on a few occasions. The neighbour also leaves the bowls of cat food out in the hall and in a warm summers day it just stinks so badly. I was coming back from the doctor and on my way back there was tons of flies near the cat food etc. She'll even sometimes leave the half eaten bowl from a few days ago out, and put another fresh bowl besides it. I don't see why I'm the one that should suffer for her lack of cleanliness.

Also, you'll see my half of the floor, where I walk to my door etc and it'll be all clean and shiney while on her half you see spilled cat food and stuff. It's really quite horrible. Not to mention recently she put this 7 foot plant in the hall, I mean what the hell? I was tempted to toss the thing outside when she was out. Not to mention when I'm walking up the stairs that cat will sometimes pop out of nowhere and scare me. :frowning2: It's a shame she owns that flat, or I'd be writing a lot of complaints.

I'm all for drowning cats.

Jul 13, 2010 at 8:13 AM Post #35 of 76

Quote:
I'm all for drowning cats.

LOL. That might be going too far.. but not by much. Cats are soo creepy. Even when they try to show affection I guess by rubbing up against you.. thats even creepy. EHH and how they sometimes raise their cat ass in the air when you pet them. *shiver*

Jul 13, 2010 at 8:49 AM Post #36 of 76
Cats are OK. But they generally will not alert you to the presence of intruders and they will merely watch or run and hide if an intruder gets into your home and beats you to death while robbing you.
bigsmile_face.gif
So...dogs and firearms rule!!  I'm goin to Catmandu

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #37 of 76
Quote:
LOL. That might be going too far.. but not by much. Cats are soo creepy. Even when they try to show affection I guess by rubbing up against you.. thats even creepy. EHH and how they sometimes raise their cat ass in the air when you pet them. *shiver*

Did someone say cat ass?

Jul 13, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #39 of 76
I slept over at my buddy's place one time and his cat shed all over my suit and walked on my face... Then after it woke me up, it just sat right in front of my face all night and would swat at me if I fell back asleep. 

Needless to say, I threw that cat out the #!%$ing window.

Jul 13, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #43 of 76
you're all wrong.

It's all about Interconnects and 3 thousand dollar Power Cords, nowadays
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #45 of 76

Quote:
A cat crawled into my mouth once while I was asleep. Well, either a cat or a really hairy baby. 

My cat once woke me up with the business part of his rear end an inch from my left eyeball, tail pointed directly to the ceiling.  I didn't know what I was looking at until it moved and I heard and felt the puff of wind.  The smell hit an instant later, and to this day I haven't been able to rid my memory of it completely.  I believe this technique is called 'the jet-eye', and due to the inherent evilness of all cats, my cat must therefore be a Sith lord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back