Whats the difference between Grado RS-1 and RS1i
Jun 6, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by mystiky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
up to 90 hours of listening.... getting closer and closer...

It's not like there's a magical number where burn-in happens and next thing you know, the sound is amazing! IMO, after about 40-50 hours, the drivers, if they haven't already been run in-house, which most manufacturers do, will stop changing and the only thing actually burning in is your mind (which is 10x more important than physical burn-in). Don't stress the burn-in time, enjoy the listening time more
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 2:48 PM Post #20 of 26
I've heard that buttonless / RS1i sound better than the RS1 produced from about 2004 to 2008.

Jul 15, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #23 of 26
Just heard a demo pair of RS1 vs. RS1i. Output was midrange rotel equipment so nothing special. The RS1 was clearly better than the RS1i.  Music sounded more alive and organic with better spacial representation. The RS1 was about a year old (or so the dealer said) while the RS1i was newish so maybe it was a break in thing. The headband on the RS1 was a lot loser, so I don't know if that hand anything to do with it. 

Jul 15, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #26 of 26
I - Improved version
wink.gif

But seriously haven't really checked im not sure if theres difference on the wood like what they did on the Alessandro Ms2i with the fat lips vs thin lips comparison but pretty much the i thing is supposed to be the better version 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back