What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?
Jul 14, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #211 of 239
I think it's mainly because other companies haven't marketed their products as well. Having somebody famous and a good marketing team does really make a difference. The beats pro (the $450 ones) I thought sounded rather good. In some ways I even found them better than my $65 koss pro4 aats. lol though they we not even close to my koss headphones in terms of accuracy (or build quality) 

Jul 15, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #212 of 239
lmao

Quote:
Why are Beats opposed with the evangelical fervor ordinarily reserved for devil worshiping heathens?  Only because the fate of Western Civilization hangs in the balance.  You don't need the psychic hotline to connect the dots:  Vandals overrun Rome 455 A.D. - end of Western Civilization = Beats wearing suburban teenagers overrun the malls and cineplexes 2011 - end of Western Civilization.  Some might even say the Vandals had better hats.

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #213 of 239
They are utter crap compared to actual good headphones. Unknowingly kids blow insane amounts of money on beats with horrible audio quality, awful build quality(literally they could break on you taking off, or putting them on), not to mention a awful, cheap look, simply because it has a perceived "cool" factor, or had dres name on it. ...I really cannot see how dre would put his name and reputation on such horrible trash.

Jul 23, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #214 of 239
I really don't have a problem with those who want to spend so much money on little IEMs that probably sound just about as good as any other cheaper ones in the market, no problem with people spending so much on high end headphones that are generally regarded as overpriced and terrible. I do have a problem with people who say, "don't hate cause you poor kid" to people who try to "edjumacate" them.

I'd say the reason so many buy these overpriced cans is because prominent figures in the music scene (LMAO - Party Rock Anthem, Bieber, David Guetta) are seen using them. Studio Solo HD ... I doubt they're really even used for monitoring and studio use =s I can't comment on how they sound since I haven't gotten the chance to try them on but from all the reviews I've seen on these forums, they probably sound real crappy.

The Beats are widely regarded as a purely cosmetic item. The marketing team is real smart, they market to the "hip younger generations" by claiming the headphones were made for rap and hip hop, and they have epic bass. Most of the younger generation (me included) prefer bass to treble, hence all the "Looking for bassy headphones" threads. :frowning2:

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #216 of 239

Quote:
The marketing team is real smart, they market to the "hip younger generations" by claiming the headphones were made for rap and hip hop, and they have epic bass. Most of the younger generation (me included) prefer bass to treble, hence all the "Looking for bassy headphones" threads.
frown.gif

Wouldn't you be looking for DJ headphones???

Jul 25, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #218 of 239
Once you've actually bought something, it's impossible to gauge whether or not it's a good choice. (Even though everyone will say "Duh.") Listen to the TMA-1's and Pros. If you like the TMA's, you made a good choice. If you like to Pros more, then you like them more. It shouldn't be hard to return or sell the TMA's for minimal loss. Don't be swayed by what we say, it'll get you looking for the type of music you should use your headphones with instead of adapting the thing you use to your wants.

Jul 26, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #219 of 239

Quote:
I couldve got the Beats Pros for $210 but went with the aiaiai TMA 1 instead for $200.. Good choice or nah?

The TMA-1s are far more managable. If you get a pad for the headband you can wear them indefinately. Dre Pros are a bit heavy. And in terms of construction, I think that both are extremely sturdy and well built. Personally I like the TMA-1s more, but that is me. I still need to listen to the HD25-1 IIs more, but that is for a later day. 

Also, the TMA-1s are wonderfully understated

May 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM Post #220 of 239
I have beats by dre studios, and i like them, but very much wish i knew more about headphones before i asked for them for christmas.  you will be buying tripple A batteries left and right, and you will be paying 300 dollars for overproduced headphones.  do a bit more resarch before you buy headphones $90 and above, because i fell in love with beats, and regretted getting a pair as soon as i saw posts on the net about better headphones.  if you want style more the sound quality, then waste 300 bucks on beats.

May 8, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #221 of 239
Quote:
I have beats by dre studios, and i like them, but very much wish i knew more about headphones before i asked for them for christmas.  you will be buying tripple A batteries left and right, and you will be paying 300 dollars for overproduced headphones.  do a bit more resarch before you buy headphones $90 and above, because i fell in love with beats, and regretted getting a pair as soon as i saw posts on the net about better headphones.  if you want style more the sound quality, then waste 300 bucks on beats.

welcome too head fi

May 8, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #222 of 239
I got Beats Tour in February I think (off of the official Monster site), and they broke within a month.

Luckily, it was still under warranty and I got a replacement pair for free (except for the shipping). Does anyone know if there's a limit to how many times you can get replacements? I think mine are gonna break soon.

To be honest, I think I only got them because of the popularity in-school and it also matches my phone (both earbuds and phone are red/black).

Jun 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #224 of 239
I am nuts about headphones for many reasons; first i love music; second i need them to play my drums; and third i don't really have time to sit down in front of my stereo setup.
That being said, i own lots of stuff from Shure's SE535 and Senn's IE8 to Grado's SR80 and AKG's K550 and K701 and i also own the Beats Pro. I play drums wearing Senn's  HD25 1 II and also use them straight from my iPod. When i bought the Beats Pro i initialy didn't like the sound but after a little burning in, mids get quite clear and highs turn acceptable. Mostly i listen to my music straight from an iPod Touch 4g and music at 320Kbps on a flat eq and in that setup the beats pro are extremely decent. I am not fond of any other product from Monster but these pro's are a good pair of headphones despite of their poor value for money considering i paid half their price for the AKG's K550 which in my opinion are stellar quality headphones. I do not hate Monster, i just hate the Beats Solo cause they realy are crappy as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back