What's the Deal With Beats By Dre?
Jun 21, 2011 at 2:01 AM Post #152 of 239

Quote:
I see. Well I got someone trying to sell 'em to me for $200, guess that's a good deal...

Is it someone you know? I would ask to sample them first. There are lots of Studio fakes, idk about the pros (what with the metal frame). 200$ USD would be a nice price for what they are. Plus you can tell people you paid 450$ from the beats website and be a hipster /sarcasm.

Jun 21, 2011 at 2:04 AM Post #153 of 239

Quote:
Is it someone you know? I would ask to sample them first. There are lots of Studio fakes, idk about the pros (what with the metal frame). 200$ USD would be a nice price for what they are. Plus you can tell people you paid 450$ from the beats website and be a hipster /sarcasm.

Not really. Any way to differentiate the fake Pros? I know how to differentiate the fake Studios but... they ain't worth my time.

Jun 21, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #154 of 239
Well. You can hold them. Do they feel metal (this is a good sign). You could mess with the dual inputs (see if they will cherry jack into another set of headphones). If you're trying to buy online it's going to be hard to find out =\.

Like I said, I don't know if there are fake Pros. It would be a lot harder to replicate these phones than the studios (the build design is very sturdy).

Jun 21, 2011 at 2:09 AM Post #155 of 239
wait $200. if i can find them for even $300 i would jump at the opportunity. those things sound amazing to me.

Jun 21, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #156 of 239

Quote:
I'm comparing them mostly to the XB500, XB700, HFI-580, Pro700 MKII, M50, SRH440, D1100 and the HFI-780.

Wow. Very surprised there, because I A-B'd the Beats Studio (not Pro) with the M50 and came away disgusted with the Studio. I also used to own the 440.

Is the Pro much better than the regular Studio?

Jun 21, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #157 of 239

Quote:
wait $200. if i can find them for even $300 i would jump at the opportunity. those things sound amazing to me.

Like I said in an earlier post they really will wear on your ears. I loved the sound, hated wearing them. I have glasses and I had visible redness and irritation after an hour where it jammed the glasses into the side of my head.

For this reason I would say 200-250 is a decent price point for the pros.

Jun 21, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #158 of 239

Quote:
Wow. Very surprised there, because I A-B'd the Beats Studio (not Pro) with the M50 and came away disgusted with the Studio. I also used to own the 440.  

I was referring to comparing with the Pro, not the Studio. The Studios were trash.

When you compare the two Beats, the Pro is significantly better sounding than the Studio, no contest.

Jun 21, 2011 at 2:14 AM Post #159 of 239

Quote:

I thought so, but it was after going about 2 weeks without listening to the studios. I also listened almost exclusively to bass heavy music with them (it was the thing they did best). I was always a bit disappointed with the studios (and I didn't have any reference points for those. I was not disappointed by the Pros (I still don't have a 400$ comparison phone, I know you can get better for 400, but for 200?)

Jun 21, 2011 at 2:34 AM Post #161 of 239
Jun 21, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #162 of 239
Why? It'd be a terrible case of prejudice if the Beats Pro are indeed good headphones, and the entire community here refused to acknowledge it. 
Many members know Monster had (has?) a terrible rep when it comes to cables--but the same crowd will still recommend the Monster Turbine IEMs, because they are good earphones.

Jun 21, 2011 at 4:35 AM Post #163 of 239
That would be bad.

According to this review here, the Pros are just as overpriced and bad as the Studio. Not so during my time with them...
Even here, the OP gets flamed because he supports the Pros. Some prejudice still remains 0.0

Hopefully someone can clarify.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back