What's the best USB audio cable for the money?
Oct 1, 2022 at 1:34 AM Post #589 of 1,259
The Oyaide Class D+ is a nice cable (a steal at $60 USD) and should easily outperform the AQ based on the copper quality alone. If you can, try ordering from Amazon US and use a package forwarder like MyUS. You should get them within 1-2 weeks and save some money.

Though my current favorite under $100 USD is the RiCable Magnus which just replaced my Oyaide Class D+. DHL shipping (their only option) from Italy is a little pricey though.
You still happy with your Magnus cable?

Oct 8, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #591 of 1,259
I'm using all Wireworld Chroma or UV. They're good cables at fair prices.

Disclaimer: I don't believe cables have sound and I don't buy boutique cables. I like well-made cables of good materials and I make my own AES/EBU and RCA cables.

Oct 29, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #594 of 1,259
Did someone know an alternative to the Audioquest Carbon? It sounds a bit harsh and dry on my Abyss Diana V2. Maybe because its silver. Looking maybe for a cooper baswd alternative
I bought this to test it out and was going to return it if it wasn't good but ended up keeping it because it sounds so good.

Currently on sale for $79 - 30% off coupon. Excellent value to performance ratio and no risk :)

https://www.amazon.com/Monosaudio-F...nter/dp/B09KRL5KTW?ref_=ast_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

Jan 10, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #596 of 1,259
Wow, good thread on USB cables.

I went with the Schiit Signal Wire USB for $20 to see what it gets me over a generic printer cable. I may be inclined to try something a little more 'risque' (to my wallet) such as the Supra Excaliber or a WireWorld UV. Would love to try a Curious or Black Magic, but darn these budgets. :wink:

Appreciate all the input/feedback/discussion....

Jan 10, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #597 of 1,259
I went with the Schiit Signal Wire USB for $20 to see what it gets me over a generic printer cable. I may be inclined to try something a little more 'risque' (to my wallet)
Try Furutech Formula 2. My experiments with USB cables also started with Schiit’s cable. Furutech was a good upgrade. I’ve tried more expensive cables (like AudioQuest Diamond) later, it was better than Furutech, but the difference was much smaller.

Jan 11, 2023 at 2:55 AM Post #598 of 1,259
I have tested quite many:

Atlas Element SC
AudioQuest Carbon
AudioQuest Diamond
Curious original
Curious Evolved
Final Touch Audio Sinope
Intona Premium
Intona Ultimate
JCAT Signature
Oyaide NEO d+ Class S
Sablon 2020
Sablon Evo
Supra 2.0

If I had to choose just one recommendation it would be Intona Premium. It offers 85% compared with the best and has exceptional tonal balance. Investing more would improve bass extension and soundstage depth.

Jan 11, 2023 at 8:49 AM Post #599 of 1,259

Users who are viewing this thread

Back