whats the best alternative of ATH-ES7, need suggestion~~
Feb 27, 2011 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rainlion

New Head-Fier
Since it is discontinued.....

Jay v-Jay? AKG 450? 

i only listen to ipod without an AMP. and i basically listen soft rock, and pop.. i have a koss port pro,, like it at very beginning, then found it too bassy also not comfortable to wear (or, maybe my head is too  big). Thats also way i am not considering Gorden series.. 

oh, if you have any recommendation on iem that would be great. i have been thinking about RE0, but some reviews suggest the build quality is not that good, and since i have never tried an IEM, are they comfortable to wear though?

Thanks....

Feb 28, 2011 at 8:42 AM Post #2 of 3
The ATH ES7 is not discontinued in Japan, so you could always import it from there. I suspect that retailers in the US have been misinformed, or they perhaps know something that Audio Technica in Japan does not know...

I've got the V-Jays and I like them. However, I do not think they are very different from PortaPro. Slightly better, but still the same overall sound.

I would recommend the AKG K518LE, but they are even more bassy than the PortaPro. Also they clamp a bit. How about the Grado SR60i?

Feb 28, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #3 of 3
The JVC HA-S700 for $30 is pretty good,  but I would put up a wanted ad right here on head fi for a used DBI pro 700 or 705.  Those are the best alternatives to the ES7 I can think of

Users who are viewing this thread

Back