Whats so bad about Studio Beats by Dr. Dre?
Oct 5, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #17 of 93
Having owned the XB700s and listened to the Beats at Best Buy I can say that the 700s sound better and are about 1/2 the price.  I think the Beats did sound very good, albeit the bass got a little distorted for my taste; But they're not nearly worth what they're asking for.

Heck you can pick up a set of Ultrasone Pro 650s for less and still have money left over for an inexpensive portable amp.

Oct 5, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #18 of 93
1) It's hard to wear any headphones without looking like a complete tit.  They should be banned in public spaces.

2) Monster must be destroyed. It is evil.

Oct 5, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #22 of 93
I personally love the look of them and commend Monster for doing something different. It's a very slick contemporary unisex design.

I was, however, disappointed with their sound quality. After having listened to some Klipsch S4 IEM's right before auditioning the Monster Beats Studios, the Studios came off considerably worse. The only thing that was a possible highlight was the average soundstage. Firstly the bass, from which I was expecting great things. On R&B tracks, it can be easily forgiven as it's warm and loose. But play anything that requires punch and it simply fails to deliver. The mids are so recessed, it can be difficult to pick out details in tracks, with singers almost taking too many steps back towards the band. The highs are sweet, but they lack clarity, especially for a pair of headphones labelled as "Studios" - you would expect studio monitor performance.

They perhaps require an update. I look forward to the Monster Beat Pros which hopefully address the Studio's SQ issues.

Oct 5, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #23 of 93
I completely agree.  I think the aesthetics of these headphones is second to none, but the sound quality is much less than desired.  

It's like dating a very hot but dumb blonde.  

Oct 5, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #24 of 93
Quote:
I completely agree.  I think the aesthetics of these headphones is second to none, but the sound quality is much less than desired.  

It's like dating a very hot but dumb blonde.  

Maybe like dating a hot, dumb blond who's in a comma.

Looks good but just lays there and doesn't do anything...

Oct 5, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #26 of 93

Quote:
Unlike Hannibal Lector, who prefers his women to be in a colon.

LMAO..  must resist, must resist derailing the thread any further...

Oct 6, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #29 of 93
They are good for hip hop and the bass has some pretty good impact.  I did an A/B test at my house against the XB700 and I say I like the beats studio better with hip hop. The ear pads and lightness of them makes them pretty comfortable also.  The real bad thing I find about them is the price of them for how flimsy they are.  The plastic they use are just plain cheap and cheap feeling.  One thing the studio does that I wish all other headphone maker do is make them fold nicely like the studio and provide a good hard case. I'm not saying there aren't any out there that doesn't, but I think it's necessary to have a hard case when you purchase a higher price headphone. (the studio definitely need it)

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #30 of 93
well see I have them, but I got mine for free so I'm good, I like em, first expensive headphoens I've had but since reading this forum I'm dying to get rid of them.
Lol how I got these are funny tho, Monster are probably the most dumb company I've ever seen, K i traded my bike for monster Solo's, I broke them 3 times in the SAME SPOT, they knew it too, so they actually said "Ok we'll upgrade you to studios for free!" K, but each time I used warranty on my solo's, they sent me one before I sent mine back, so I have 3 solos right now, and my studios and they havent called. I wonder if I can do it with these studios but they haven't broke and I haven't had a need to do it. This christmas I'm going to try and return all of these and see if I could get possibly like 1 grand in cash or gift cards. would be nice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back