What's p!ss!ng you off at the moment?
May 17, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #46 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmopragma
Me too.........but I guess for other reasons.
I work for them.
tongue.gif

I didn't even know there was UPS in germany. Hey, I acctaully had my first warm-kindda-pink feeling about my work. I got a sallery rise
biggrin.gif
from ~$8 to ~$9,25. I still find it way to low though.

SunByrne,
what is PITA? I talked to a teacher I had last year and he kindda liked the AP test period 'cause he didn't have to do anything. He was insane. All of his classes would turn in papers the same day and he would give them back the next day, or in the end of the day.

May 18, 2004 at 1:54 AM Post #48 of 147
First the letter that was waiting for me when I got home.
It's from the company I work for. The timekeeper says that his records indicate there is no basis for my claim of a days pay. Let's see here, my contract states that if I park my train before leaving the terminal and go by auto and get another train to bring into the terminal then get back on my train and take it to the next station (home in this case) I get paid a days pay, on top of the pay I get for the train I take home. The butt munch in timekeeping seems to disagree. It will probably be 6 months before I ever get my 150 bucks, if I ever get it.

Second, on May 1 I won two auctions for CDs on Ebay. One I got last week, the other I have no idea where it may be. This CD cost me 40 bucks, and I have not heard from the seller at all. I sent the seller a message last week and so far no reply, and no CD. I did bid and win another copy of this CD from a different seller over the weekend. He sent me a message stating that it will ship today. I guess I may have to file my first claim with Paypal next week, if nothing shows up.

May 18, 2004 at 9:15 AM Post #49 of 147
Lots of things are bothering me/pissing me off/stressing me out: my aunt keeled over the other day and underwent an emergency triple bypass; I've slept eight hours in the last week because delays from government bureaucracy have resulted in deadlines passing while various matters are still pending, causing me to be swamped with work all at once; I have to give expert testimony in court on some of these government matters... which is nearly impossible because I need data from the government which is being held up by the aforementioned bureaucracy, so guess who's going to be unprepared or talking out of his ass when the hearings are underway?; I've had to lay off hordes of people due to lack of field work available and it's eating me up; a recently-received amp burned up and I'm facing a complete overhaul (i.e. replacing all components) to get it working; another Head-Fi purchase is almost certainly lost (it's been eight weeks!); four people owe me money and I'm pretty certain that I won't be seeing any of it (remind me why I have a "no lend" policy, but never follow it?); I ran over a rock on the freeway and it tore a hole in my car's muffler, which I've been too busy to take to the shop to have repaired; the price of gas is putting me in the poor house; the passport office is giving me the runaround issuing my new passport, plus they lost the two photos that I sent with my application which I now have to replace at my expense; my expected income tax refund turned into taxes owing because of some more government ********; some employees of one of my clients was caught doing some creative accounting - they're all going to jail, and my company (and by extension, I) will not likely to be paid (this is related to the aforementined layoffs)...

... there are a few other things, but thinking about them is just pissing me off even more. Jesus, I can't believe people are bitching about exams. I would kill to be back in university. It was a damn picnic. Just wait 'til you're in the real world with real world concerns. Then, you'll have something to get pissed off about.

D.

May 18, 2004 at 3:37 PM Post #51 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demolition
Lots of things are bothering me/pissing me off/stressing me out: my aunt keeled over the other day and underwent an emergency triple bypass; I've slept eight hours in the last week because delays from government bureaucracy have resulted in deadlines passing while various matters are still pending, causing me to be swamped with work all at once; I have to give expert testimony in court on some of these government matters... which is nearly impossible because I need data from the government which is being held up by the aforementioned bureaucracy, so guess who's going to be unprepared or talking out of his ass when the hearings are underway?; I've had to lay off hordes of people due to lack of field work available and it's eating me up; a recently-received amp burned up and I'm facing a complete overhaul (i.e. replacing all components) to get it working; another Head-Fi purchase is almost certainly lost (it's been eight weeks!); four people owe me money and I'm pretty certain that I won't be seeing any of it (remind me why I have a "no lend" policy, but never follow it?); I ran over a rock on the freeway and it tore a hole in my car's muffler, which I've been too busy to take to the shop to have repaired; the price of gas is putting me in the poor house; the passport office is giving me the runaround issuing my new passport, plus they lost the two photos that I sent with my application which I now have to replace at my expense; my expected income tax refund turned into taxes owing because of some more government ********; some employees of one of my clients was caught doing some creative accounting - they're all going to jail, and my company (and by extension, I) will not likely to be paid (this is related to the aforementined layoffs)...

... there are a few other things, but thinking about them is just pissing me off even more. Jesus, I can't believe people are bitching about exams. I would kill to be back in university. It was a damn picnic. Just wait 'til you're in the real world with real world concerns. Then, you'll have something to get pissed off about.

D.

Darn Demo, that sucks, sorry to hear all that!!
frown.gif
You're always one of my favourites on Head-Fi 'cause you always appear so cheerful...hope things get sorted soon so you get back to =
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2004 at 3:40 PM Post #52 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demolition

D.

Darn, that sucks, sorry to hear all that, Demo..
frown.gif
You're always one of my favourites on Head-Fi because you always seem so cheery. Hope things get sorted soon so you can feel cheery again, too!
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2004 at 4:35 PM Post #54 of 147
Right now my major frustration is my inability to get Foobar2K's ASIO plugin to play happily with my M-Audio Transit. Or play at all, for that matter.

Two days combing the forums and the Web and no luck.
confused.gif

BW

May 18, 2004 at 8:12 PM Post #55 of 147
Tiredness... I'm having trouble staying awake enough to read the screen, and it's 4:00. Also, I'm staying up late tonight for band rehearsal. It ENDS at 9:30
mad.gif

May 18, 2004 at 9:46 PM Post #56 of 147
Oh D, I think the you're getting a message from a higher power to stay in bed buried under the covers... what a horrible time you're having.
frown.gif

But I'll answer the the pro-crocodile-eating lobby. Tolerance has a time and place, and here isn't it. A family struggling to feed themselves in a jungle somewhere that isn't aware of these things - sure, that's a time for tolerance. But if you're educated enough to type a message here, then you're educated enough to know that just because it's on some menu somewhere doesn't mean it was caught legally or ethically. You're smart enough to know better and I think you know that, you're just arguing semantics. There are a few things I will make stand for. I will make a stand against bigotry, I will make a stand against cruelty, I will make a stand for the rights of others, and I will make a stand for conservation. Others have other things they will make a stand for, but those are my biggest causes.

I believe that if you are smart enough to type a message on a computer, then you should be able to figure out that eating endangered animals is bad. I shouldn't have to win anybody over, or sell anybody on the idea. We should be beyond that point.

If the above offends you, then just ignore me.
biggrin.gif

May 18, 2004 at 10:38 PM Post #57 of 147
I'm not pro-crocodile-eating and have no idea where you got that idea. Btw, thank you again for putting words into other people's mouths/labelling them without justification. You remind me of Sean Hannity at times. At least he's usually joking when he does it.

Did you notice that I took offense to HOW you took a stand, not the fact that you took a stand? Please note the content of my dissembling, not just the fact that I disagreed with you on *some* issues which you may not be clear on because I didn't necessarily go into all of them.

Maybe you're not talking to me. If so, I apologize. I certainly have never in my time on head-fi said a single word about crocodiles in any of my posts until this one.

May 18, 2004 at 11:05 PM Post #58 of 147
My tennis doubles partner and I going on a 6 set losing streak this year!
mad.gif
The same senario every time, I get my serve broken to lose a close set. Scores 4-6 4-6 5-7 4-6 5-7 6-8 = 0-6! I think my partner is scouting for a new teammate.
eek.gif

May 18, 2004 at 11:08 PM Post #59 of 147
last night while i was mixing some songs to an md for a friend, my boyfriend asked me how much i spent for the prehead. after he knew, he suddenly said something about other kids starving in north korea. i was totally speechless and irritated that i just told him i needed time alone so he left.
arghhhh....talk about spoiling a calm evening. it's not that i never knew about north korea. what the heck am i supposed to do to prove something to these anal retentive freaks, sell all my audio gear, send all my salary up north or bangladesh and try starving myself to get the sorrow of these people. i love to give to charity and stuff and i do what i can to help others. if some countries are starving, does it mean that i should deprive myself of a good cd worth $20?

back to my mixing
k1000smile.gif

May 18, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #60 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
My tennis doubles partner and I going on a 6 set losing streak this year!
mad.gif
The same senario every time, I get my serve broken to lose a close set. Scores 4-6 4-6 5-7 4-6 5-7 6-8 = 0-6! I think my partner is scouting for a new teammate.
eek.gif

Hi GlowWorm,

And what is the strategy you used when you loose the game? Considering that double faulting is not an option...
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back