What's p!ss!ng you off at the moment?
May 18, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #61 of 147
Demolition, you need to take a vacation, like, right now. Or you have a good chance of joining your aunt for the heart surgery. If your job doesn't want to give it to you, consider stress leave. And if you can't because it's your own business, then perhaps you need a partner...

Unless this was just one of those weeks that don't come up too often, of course. I hope so.

I can however join your sentiment, what would I do to be back in university (undergrad that is). Those were the days. Just having to worry about passing exams and not at all where the next paycheck is coming from, that was so much better because at least it almost completely depended on me. In real life you can't control most of the things that affect you, no matter how hard you try, and getting something done doesn't depend entirely on you in most cases, which can be infuriating and stressful, if you know you could do it yourself but are not given the opportunity to.

May 18, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #62 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by genetic
And what is the strategy you used when you loose the game?

I once recall a young man asking the great Bjorn Borg that very question, his response? "To get one more ball back than my opponent". Obviously I havn't had too much success doing that as of late.
mad.gif

May 19, 2004 at 12:20 AM Post #64 of 147
I don't know what's so bad about getting angry about animal cruelty and conservation. As I said, unless you're in a hut somewhere trying the best to feed your family... I shouldn't have to be "kind" to someone who advocates cruelty just because they think it's fun to say online. I will step up and have something to say anytime I read such a thing. Those people aren't being particularly kind when they say such things, so why be kind to them? I'm frankly fed up with this school of thought..

So if you don't like it, then please let it go, or complain to a mod and have me banned, or just ignore me. The ethics of conservation are far more important to me than your feelings or a website's feelings on the subject.

Please let this be the end of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo
I'm not pro-crocodile-eating and have no idea where you got that idea. Btw, thank you again for putting words into other people's mouths/labelling them without justification. You remind me of Sean Hannity at times. At least he's usually joking when he does it.

Did you notice that I took offense to HOW you took a stand, not the fact that you took a stand? Please note the content of my dissembling, not just the fact that I disagreed with you on *some* issues which you may not be clear on because I didn't necessarily go into all of them.

Maybe you're not talking to me. If so, I apologize. I certainly have never in my time on head-fi said a single word about crocodiles in any of my posts until this one.

May 19, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #65 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlowWorm
I once recall a young man asking the great Bjorn Borg that very question, his response? "To get one more ball back than my opponent". Obviously I havn't had too much success doing that as of late.
mad.gif

At least we both know that Bjorn was a poor doubles player...
biggrin.gif
The paradox with doubles tennis is that it is more demanding (both on strategic and technical levels) and still it is viewed as a «gentle and a kind» form of tennis. In «my days» I was a firm believer of what the kids now could call «extreme tennis». Kill or be kill....
biggrin.gif

Get rid of your partner unless it is your wife....

Amicalement

May 19, 2004 at 12:31 AM Post #66 of 147
i am frustrated all the freeking time. right now, its about going to live by myself for the first time in approx 1 month. also my on going horrible social problem/disorder, especially with women. well... i hope everyone's frustration can be relieved soon.

May 19, 2004 at 12:45 AM Post #67 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
i am frustrated all the freeking time. right now, its about going to live by myself for the first time in approx 1 month. also my on going horrible social problem/disorder, especially with women. well... i hope everyone's frustration can be relieved soon.

1985...humm.... Dont worry with women it is like crocodile hunting: sometimes they find you before you do....
biggrin.gif

Amicalement

May 19, 2004 at 5:34 PM Post #68 of 147
Quote:

When I was younger I thought I was socially handicapped, but looking back, I did very pretty well and have lots of fond memories.
smily_headphones1.gif

Try not to look so hard, that cologne called desperation doesn't smell very good on men or women. Just quit looking, and then you'll find her...or she'll find you.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 19, 2004 at 5:52 PM Post #69 of 147
I bought someting from the US -> Canada and the compagny only ship UPS It was only $30 US and yes I know I shouln'd have accepted UPS but I was tired of searching for it and I tought $30 USD(~$41.53 Can)they cannot charge that much custom fee even if it's around 50% it's $20 Can. USPS express is more expensive and the other US online shop are more expensive. I'm already waiting for 2 weeks for some other package by airmail. I didn't want to wait more. With my luck the airmail package will be stuck 5 weeks in custom.

So Total value for duty in $41.53 Can guess how much the UPS charge me. No guess again. $39.08 Can from that only $6.24 was actual taxe the rest it's all brokage fee. Ok I tought UPS overcharge before but close to 100% of the total duty value.

May 19, 2004 at 7:46 PM Post #70 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
I shouldn't have to be "kind" to someone who advocates cruelty just because they think it's fun to say online. Those people aren't being particularly kind when they say such things, so why be kind to them? I'm frankly fed up with this school of thought..

So if you don't like it, then please let it go, or complain to a mod and have me banned, or just ignore me. The ethics of conservation are far more important to me than your feelings or a website's feelings on the subject.

Please let this be the end of it.

So you're free to express your opinion however you want, but you want me to let it go or ignore you? Your logic is flawed, but I'll let it go. I'll say no more on this subject.

May 19, 2004 at 7:55 PM Post #71 of 147
I've got a bird crapping on my new car on a daily basis. I'm so pis@ed-off you can't even imagine. Every morning, there's that damn bird perched atop my driver's side mirror...using it as a toilet and dropping crap all over the side of my car...

I may go Manson on that bird...

rolleyes.gif

May 19, 2004 at 8:12 PM Post #72 of 147
Quote:

So you're free to express your opinion however you want, but you want me to let it go or ignore you? Your logic is flawed, but I'll let it go. I'll say no more on this subject.

Well I don't think too highly of you either, so there you go.
rolleyes.gif

May 19, 2004 at 8:25 PM Post #73 of 147
Quote:

(...) I'll say no more on this subject.

May I....

If the general situation of some crocs is not good ( look for Crocodylia...) : http://www.cites.org/eng/append/appendices.shtml

All crocs are not equal in front of adversity:
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid..._attractions-i

May this Lady have the final word: «This sharing teached me some things about cultural differences... For example, a crocodile is a danger for Kenyans, an animal to protect for Europeans and a subtle dish for Chineses...»
http://isuisse.ifrance.com/songahapa/croco-eng.htm

Amicalement

P.S. Just by curiosity it looks good....
biggrin.gif
: http://www.alternativemeats.co.uk/Cr...ime---more.asp

May 19, 2004 at 8:28 PM Post #74 of 147
Quote:

Growing up I couldn't get girls/women to look at me, encounters were few and far between and I was shy to the point of feeling tortured-I was speechless. I honestly wondered if I was ever going to have a long term relationship.

But I bloomed (
redface.gif
) in my mid-20's and found that I was actually very appealing to women. And it continued to get better up until this time where I on occasion have to decline advances. I would never have believed it possible if you told me this in my youth. So don't worry your "bloom" may be around the corner.
smily_headphones1.gif
(of course being funny, genuine and cute have helped me a lot
wink.gif
).

May 19, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #75 of 147
Yeah, that's what I was saying. The problem is that often these people that hunt crocodile often make no differentiation between those protected and those not protected. And I think we're all smart enough here to know better.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by genetic
May I....

If the general situation of some crocs is not good ( look for Crocodylia...) : http://www.cites.org/eng/append/appendices.shtml

All crocs are not equal in front of adversity:
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid..._attractions-i

May this Lady have the final word: «This sharing teached me some things about cultural differences... For example, a crocodile is a danger for Kenyans, an animal to protect for Europeans and a subtle dish for Chineses...»
http://isuisse.ifrance.com/songahapa/croco-eng.htm

Amicalement

P.S. Just by curiosity it looks good....
biggrin.gif
: http://www.alternativemeats.co.uk/Cr...ime---more.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back