What's p!ss!ng you off at the moment?
May 17, 2004 at 6:21 PM Post #31 of 147
Trying to find a nice apartment to live and knowing that the whole PITA moving process will repeat itself next year as usual. Meanwhile not being able to afford buying a house without selling everything and living on ramen noodles with cardboard furniture and Coby headphones.
frown.gif

-Ed

May 17, 2004 at 6:41 PM Post #32 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
I only have one site, the other "pervertido" site isn't mine
redface.gif

There were even more sites than those two, like 3 more! Maybe more than I am not even aware of. One guy took his down, after he ripped off every single one of my pics and added nothing new. It just keeps happening time and time again, what a bunch of jerks. Some of these guys even ask to merge with me after they stoled all my photos, can you believe that? I couldn't, yet it true.

As far as a big multi-billion dollar merger between our two mega sites
wink2.gif
, I will think about it.

Hey, after a site I had was copied and then translated into Japanese and given a new URL, I'll believe you!!
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

With regards to the merger, I'll call a meeting of the board in Paris next week..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #33 of 147
I hate finals. I think there should be a rule that if you got an A for the semester, you can be exempt from the final. For example, my physic class's average is in the 50s and I have a 100+ average. Seriously, do I really have to waste my time and take a 3 hour final?

Ahhh!!! I still pissed that a 94.4 is a B... If only I didn't forgot to put in some units on some reports I just might have an A...
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
Tell me about it.
I hate finals... well that would be except the so called 'study break.' Did you know you study much better after a couple of beers... even better, study at a party with lots of people and (too) loud music.

on a serious note:
when you have to present something verbal (I talk about verbal exams here) you have to be in the stuff from the course, whereas a paper can be reproduction of other's work.

I find written finals pretty useless though.

May 17, 2004 at 7:41 PM Post #34 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst
I hate finals. I think there should be a rule that if you got an A for the semester, you can be exempt from the final. For example, my physic class's average is in the 50s and I have a 100+ average. Seriously, do I really have to waste my time and take a 3 hour final?

Ahhh!!! I still pissed that a 94.4 is a B... If only I didn't forgot to put in some units on some reports I just might have an A...
frown.gif

yep I can relate to that one too... also in phys, but we're not having a phys test this year (yay.)

However in math, me and my buddy are each got an A, finish before everyone and get extra assignments. God. math have the potential to be fun, but when you use 1½ week to explain a fairly simple subject as fuction families... I'm a fan of level seperation... please, dear god, put me in for-losers german class
tongue.gif

edit: unit errors sucks. My teacher, who's ******** crazy, get all orgasm-like when he talk about the beaty of SI units
rolleyes.gif

edit2:
Quote:

Only if you take the exam under the same conditions. There are studies that show if you learn something under one frame of mind, you can better use it under the same frame of mind. Something about the brain relating memory to experience. So if you study drunk you might as well take the exam drunk too.

Can you somehow relate that one too, why one can't remeber anything, or only fractions, of a party the night before? It's so scary when you bring a camera to a party, and you look the pics through the next day, and you only know like a 1/3 of the people on the pics, and don't remeber taking ½ of the pics...

May 17, 2004 at 8:02 PM Post #35 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by genetic
I hate lawns with all fibers of my being.....

Solution 1) If the problem originate from the house next to you: you could explain to the offender that cutting lawn early in the morning will expose the fiber to a bad a cut (humidity) and create perfects conditions to lawn diseases....
biggrin.gif

Solution 2): http://www.gardena.com/servlet/Produ...egory_rn=11030

Solution 3)
Industrial strength grass killer. I'm tempted to mix up a batch and write "You're a F$^#$$# *****@^&*!" on their lawns with it.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 17, 2004 at 8:19 PM Post #36 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
Can you somehow relate that one too, why one can't remeber anything, or only fractions, of a party the night before? It's so scary when you bring a camera to a party, and you look the pics through the next day, and you only know like a 1/3 of the people on the pics, and don't remeber taking ½ of the pics...

We'll have to run an experiment. Next time you find yourself in that situation you should down a case and see if it all comes back to you. I would do it myself, but those days are quickly slipping into the past.
600smile.gif

May 17, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #37 of 147
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
We'll have to run an experiment. Next time you find yourself in that situation you should down a case and see if it all comes back to you. I would do it myself, but those days are quickly slipping into the past.
600smile.gif

Well, I should get drunk now, so I'll be able to remeber this post next time im drunk right...
Listening to: "'Whiskey In The Jar' from 'Garage, Inc.' by 'Metallica'" and "'Beer' from 'Turn The Radio Off' by 'Reel Big Fish' on Media Center 10" gotta do the trick as I'm out of the 'real' stuff. Still don't remeber anything...
I guess the science paper for tommorow gonna be interesting. Well, it was in the service of science. He'll udnerstand
tongue.gif

edit: yeah, I got 1 year anniversary today! I got a huge-post-per-day on 1. yay. Duncan watch out
tongue.gif

May 17, 2004 at 9:21 PM Post #38 of 147
Plainsong, but I'm not going to get into it either.

May 17, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #40 of 147
Ohhhh, I'm the evil person that no one wants to "get into it" with because I dared to make the bold statement that maybe perhaps, killing endangered animals is a stupid thing. Well if you have something to say to me, if you have some really good reason why you absolutely have to have the meat of an endangered animal inside your stomach in order to live, then please don't hold back.
rolleyes.gif

May 17, 2004 at 10:09 PM Post #41 of 147
You make such a good impression on people and are so convincing in your arguments. Calling people stupid and ignorant really made them see themselves in a new light. I'm persuaded to your cause now.

I don't advocate eating endangered animals, but your commentary style certainly doesn't help. Nor is it the only comment you have made lately that I felt in poor taste. I don't post in those "outside" threads because it wouldn't be productive and just end up being seen as some kind of flame.

What happened to tolerance? Surely you can think of a better way to tackle issues than calling people names without justification. You also assumed we thought you were "evil" without justification. Putting words into our mouths?

Very nice tactics.
I mean you no ill will, but you did get on my nerves. Peace.

May 17, 2004 at 10:13 PM Post #42 of 147
Man, lots of bitching about finals.

What's funny is that we professors don't really like them, either. PITA to generate, and even more of a PITA to grade.

As a result, I've almost entirely stopped giving finals. So far none of the students have complained.
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2004 at 11:16 PM Post #43 of 147
UPS.

I hate them with the anger of 1,000,000 suns ...
mad.gif

May 17, 2004 at 11:52 PM Post #45 of 147
What pisses me off right now? The censorship on head-fi done under the name of "moderator's." I'm down for a civil political discussion, but bring iin even a slightly liberal view point and you are in trouble here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back