What'd Everyone Get/Give For Christmas?
Dec 25, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #16 of 33
Bought my little cousin a Panasonic HTF-600, and I bought myself an XePort 5010 with Christmas money,

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #17 of 33
As I wouldn't trust my family with this stuff, I bought myself some Audio-Technica ATH-M50s and a FiiO e6 to start off my audio journey. This is my first real purchase and they get here at the end of the week. I am extremely excited and am currently upgrading my music collection to 320 MP3s. Already thinking about future purchases (Sennheiser HD650s are my preliminary thought).

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #18 of 33

Quote:
As I wouldn't trust my family with this stuff, I bought myself some Audio-Technica ATH-M50s and a FiiO e6 to start off my audio journey. This is my first real purchase and they get here at the end of the week. I am extremely excited and am currently upgrading my music collection to 320 MP3s. Already thinking about future purchases (Sennheiser HD650s are my preliminary thought).

You're starting out almost exactly as I did (my amp was a CMoyBB from JDS Labs), and quickly lost all my money to audio. Keep it up and you'll be as broke (and happy) as me!

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #19 of 33
Got a Bottlehead Crack Kit and a new Soldering station :D

Also, my girlfriend got me this interesting shirt, anatomical headphones consisting of the brain and whatnot. Kind of cool

Dec 25, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #20 of 33
My family doesn't really care for Christmas but I bought myself some presents anyways 
atsmile.gif
 One of them would be the FiiO E10

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #21 of 33
Skullcandy Aviator......................lol
Which is weird because i went to BB with my dad and said they weren't that great, but he got them anyway. This is a sticky situation though, cause not only do you not want to sell them so soon that you look like a jerk, but in this case my dad actually makes display cases for Skullcandy at his job and they've given him free stuff. That's why i try to be careful not to bad mouth the company in front of him.........i think i'm gonna have to hold onto these for a good while so at least i can say i gave them a chance.
By far the fanciest packaging i've ever seen though, sound is pretty decent but if i'm going up to this price range i want to try the Ultrasone 580.

Gave my cousin a pair of KSC75 and my other cousin Brainwavz M1

Dec 26, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #22 of 33
i gotten nothing. working though on upgrading my current audio interface sometime soon. that'll be my birthday and christmas gift to myself(my b-day is 21th, so few days before christmas).

Dec 26, 2011 at 2:52 AM Post #24 of 33
As far as headphones go, the Aviators actually are not bad. They're not my style of headphone in terms of cosmetics or sound signature, but I really can't badmouth that particular Skullcandy.

As for me, I received a "headphone DIY modding kit" with plasticine, felt, and cotton. That was the only audio related gift, and I really appreciated it because I had just purchased a Fostex ortho. Should be interesting when it arrives. 

Quote:
Skullcandy Aviator......................lol
Which is weird because i went to BB with my dad and said they weren't that great, but he got them anyway. This is a sticky situation though, cause not only do you not want to sell them so soon that you look like a jerk, but in this case my dad actually makes display cases for Skullcandy at his job and they've given him free stuff. That's why i try to be careful not to bad mouth the company in front of him.........i think i'm gonna have to hold onto these for a good while so at least i can say i gave them a chance.
By far the fanciest packaging i've ever seen though, sound is pretty decent but if i'm going up to this price range i want to try the Ultrasone 580.

Gave my cousin a pair of KSC75 and my other cousin Brainwavz M1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back