What would you have done differently?
Apr 7, 2011 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Nakattack

100+ Head-Fier
To all you veterans of this hobby, what would you have done differently if you were to start again? Any regrets about certain gear or not buying certain gear? I'm 2 years in, and I've almost made up my mind about an end-game rig so I can just focus on the music. The only thing I would have done is did a few more months of research before diving in, and spending at least an equal amount of money on the actual music, instead of the gear. 

Apr 7, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 5
Buy the big rig as soon as you can. The trip is over rated so get as much listening enjoyment as soon as you can. I wish I had considered used gear sooner.

Apr 7, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Buy the big rig as soon as you can. The trip is over rated so get as much listening enjoyment as soon as you can. I wish I had considered used gear sooner.

I agree completely. I don't want to waste my money on small incremental improvements, I want to get 80-90% of the best there is and stick with that. It won't happen for a while as I have many other things to spend(waste) money on, but while my humble rig can still make me smile I'm in no hurry 
dt880smile.png

Apr 8, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #4 of 5
I would have ripped my CDs in better quality years ago because now that I've lost them in a fire, I'm stuck with garbage. I guess that happened BEFORE though. The one thing I'd change about my journey was trying to focus on a portable AND a home rig at the same time. It means I've got just okay sound out of both instead of superb sound in one place. I'm done with my portable rig now, and almost done with my Home rig...but the home rig is going to hit me HARD soon. Considering I just spent a grand on my D7000s with recable included...it's already hit pretty hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back