What Would You Do With $4000
Feb 16, 2003 at 5:46 AM Post #16 of 54
I'd get a motorcycle.

Feb 16, 2003 at 8:33 AM Post #19 of 54
I'd take a trip to Europe. If I had any money left over, I'd go to Alaska.

Other things I would spend the money on possibly:
Yamaha V-Star motorcycle. It would be a nice down payment, and I would have it paid off in a year or two.

or

Nice new top of the line headphone system with a new source and amp for my headphones.

or

I could invest it and spend it later when it's worth a little more.

Feb 16, 2003 at 8:37 AM Post #20 of 54
Quote:

Originally posted by Zanth
I'd buy my wife something really nice.

Haha I bet she was watching you type that.

Whats it really going to be? Vinyl system, Omegas, speakers?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Biggie.

Feb 16, 2003 at 9:53 AM Post #21 of 54
As amazing as the Oris sounds now with Lowther drivers, the AERmkI and BD2 are a full generation ahead of it...

...and the BD3 a generation ahead of that.

Look at it this way, a new pair of AER-BD3's cost less than one pair of Sony R10 headphones. I can live with that, considering that these are the "R10's" of dynamic speaker drivers.

As to the 'under $4K goal', I've obviously abandoned it. Having a budget Oris was lots of fun, but let's face it... significant untapped potential just sitting there. I forked out serious dough for the enclosures and such... so why not push them to the limit?

I figure if anyone would understand, it would be you, my esteemed music aficionados and peers.
biggrin.gif

Feb 16, 2003 at 9:58 AM Post #22 of 54
I would pay off my debt. That way I'd actually have more money out of my paycheck to save and /or buy cool stuff in the future.

If I hypothetically was debt free....hmmm, I can think of so many different roads I could go down... Get myself a nice laptop and either a digital SLR or a really nice film SLR with a good lense complement, and then I'd take a trip across Europe.

Or I would upgrade my source and get a Max or an RKV (or heck, both!
evil_smiley.gif
).

Or it would serve as a nice down payment on a Steinway grand...

Feb 16, 2003 at 10:04 AM Post #23 of 54
I'd probably tack on another $1k and get a used dCS Elgar.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 16, 2003 at 12:06 PM Post #25 of 54
I think I would buy some Cyrus gear. I love the small foot print and they would definitely be an upgrade to what I have.

Cyrus CD7 cd player, and Cyrus SmartPower power amp. A total of about 1200 pounds sterling.

Then I would get a good pre amp. Not Cyrus though as I still like the otion of bass and treble controls so I would go for a NAD C160

Just my $4000 dollars worth
biggrin.gif

D

Feb 16, 2003 at 12:25 PM Post #26 of 54
Upgrade my phone amp, probably to a Cosmic.

Then get a small aluminum boat with a 5 horse for places I can't take the glass boat. After all, 90% of the fish are in 10% of the water, and that's generally the least accesible 10%.

Feb 16, 2003 at 1:36 PM Post #28 of 54
I am thinking of getting a source, amp and speakers for my upstairs office at home. Have not decided on the components yet. I will probably end up buying something in between the $1000 system discussed in another recent thread and the $4000 limit.

Feb 16, 2003 at 3:42 PM Post #30 of 54
Either a 42'' plasma tv, or a 36'' Sony HD Wega, B.P.T. BP-2.5, and DirecTivo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back