What were your standards before Head-Fi??
Jan 10, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #106 of 113
A MuVo paired with MDR-V150 cans. Awful (altought the Muvo was ok).

Jan 10, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #107 of 113
Coby earbuds running straight out of the device.

EDIT: It sucked but then again - I was playing 96kps MP3's.
frown.gif

How little I knew back then (about 6 years ago).

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:00 AM Post #111 of 113
Agreed, IPodPJ, neither were mine. Since headphones generally sound the same at the lowest level, back in the day I used to believe upping the ante to $40 would be insane! Little did I know how my opinions would change in December '05 when I purchased my ER-6i's--my first entry into Head-Fi.

Jan 11, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #112 of 113
my store manager put me onto the world of headphones. i blame it on my job not head fi.

when i first started working at my job in summer 07 and saw all the headphones we had. i was floored at the price of headphones. we sell from koss-klipsch-shure-senns etc. i could not condone paying $500 for headphones. still can't actually that's why i find deals
wink.gif

my limit on any head piece is $300 no higher now the product maybe worth more but the most i'm gonna pay is $300 lol. but b4 that i never used ipod headphones always hated them i used to search for good headphones. i swear i tried every headphone at target and they all sucked.

i still refuse to buy another sony headphone. i didn't kno where to look for good headphones. so i guess i was an audiophile inside but i had to get shown the light so it could flourish.

now i can't listen to "regular" headphones.

my friend had a nano with some like $35 headphones and they said they paid "mad money" on headphones. i told them about some of my stuff and they went crazy. n i laughed cuz in my head i used to be the exact same way lol.

i couldn't even listen to the ipod my ears couldn't take it a weird as it may sound. i gave it back like i cant listen to this. i could tell instantly how crappy it sounded. thankfully i make enough money to support my hobby cuz if i didn't i would still be angrily rockin sonys
mad.gif

THANX FOR SHOWING ME THE LIGHT!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back