What were your first headphones?
Mar 30, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #16 of 50
My first pair were some koss (i cant remember the model), and after my dad gave me a pair of AKG 141's.

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #17 of 50
I remember when I was making beats back in the day I came across a thread on head-fi discussing neutral headphones for mixing/monitoring. I found that the Sennheiser EH350 was one of the most neutral headphones for the price. I saved up every penny to get them and thus my head-fi journey began. I remember when I just about **** myself after stepping on the cable and seeing it yank out of my ear cup. I cursed the gods for that very moment only to discover that the cord was removable (which was one of the best feelings ever). There are a lot of good memories intertwined with that headphone and I hope the new owner treats them well.

Also I felt like they kept up with my sennheiser 595's which I upgraded to and didn't really find to be too much of an upgrade besides comfort.

Mar 30, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #21 of 50
my first real headphones were some ety er6i's, which were a revelation compared to iBuds, so much more clear, holy cow. Then i got some Audio Techinca ATH-A900's for videogaming mainly. and then in december i got my JH-13's
biggrin.gif
i dont think ill ever need another phone, though i already want another one
wink.gif
the jh-16's..

before that i used miscellaneous headphones, whatever came with my cd palyer or ipod. Oh wait, when halo 2 came out, all the reviewers went to redmond to play it, and they all used the Pioneer wireless dolby surround headphones, the 900c's i think they were, so i got those for christmas that year after i read about how awesome they were.they broke several years ago though

Mar 30, 2010 at 5:34 AM Post #22 of 50
Well, first headphones, not earphones/IEMs, headsets etc would be the ATH-AD700
tongue.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #24 of 50
Sony V600s

*shudders*

Mar 30, 2010 at 5:58 AM Post #25 of 50
For me, 'twas those compact and foldable Sony headphones (I can't remember the exact model) that came with my Sony TPS-L2 Walkman which I got as a gift from my Dad when I was in grade school. Those cans lasted me 'till highschool as I recall.
smile_phones.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #26 of 50
AKG240, 1988.....Got 'em at Crazy Eddies. Next were Grado SR225, mid '90's.

Mar 30, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #27 of 50
The first headphones I bought for myself were some gameboy branded street styles. My mom hated how I would blast Pokemon in the car. I think my dad had a pair of Bose noise cancelers around the same time. They're dead now.
triportsad.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 7:19 AM Post #28 of 50
I used what ever was laying around the house, I think they were Sony's, or what ever came with my first portable CD player. My first real headphone purchase was for my AKG 240 DF's about 13 years ago.

Mar 30, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #30 of 50
The first headphones I recall using were Pioneer SE-405 back in the late 70s. Sitting on the floor listening to dad's records (mostly classical music). I remember that the headphones had a volume knob on each ear cup.

Then Sony V6 during the college years.

Then discovered HeadRoom back in the early days of HeadRoom when they wore white lab coats around the office. Got my HD580 and SR60 and those remained my primary headphones for more than a decade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back