What were your first headphones?
Mar 31, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #46 of 50
Koss ksc-75 were my first headphones, and I still use them!
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 8:03 AM Post #47 of 50
I've had a short history with headphones. When I was a small boy, I remember having a portable tape player. I didn't use it much. I still have the headphones that came with it, and they are really terrible. One can consider this the first headphones I've owned.When I was 11 or so, I got an online giftcard. I remember getting some inexpensive (perhaps $25 ?) beige headphones by (I think) JVC. I remember not using them, then losing them, then my brother breaking them. Truly a sad history of neglect, regret and loss. These were the first I bought. Total head-time: abut 2 hours.

I only started listening to, and getting music in eleventh grade or so. I usually don't count anything before this time when I think of of headphone history. My brother got some Grade SR125s, and I got to hear them once, in tenth grade, and again more recently.

Later (last year), I got some Everglide S-500 professional headphones. They fulfilled my two requirements. They were closed and cheap. They also weren,t bad. They are in need of some superglue at the moment. This is the first headphone I've bought for a real reason, as the last was on a complete whim, They were the most discounted item at the online store. These, I got for a real reason: to actually use.)

In January, I bought An Audio-Technica ATH-AD900. This is my first "real" headphone. Depending on one's definitions, This would be it. This is the first headphone I've gotten for the sound.

Mar 31, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #49 of 50
A closed back pair around 1980.
Would not be surprised if it was a Philips, but certainly not sure. I remember it was black in color, having spiral/twisted cable and had a volume pot built into one of the earcups.

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:01 AM Post #50 of 50
My first REAL headphone was a Beyerdynamic DT801, bought for 20€ at a small second-hand dealer around the block... None of us was aware of the quality of the can, but I knew the brand and so I made a real bargain! Although the pads are a bit too soft by now, I still do like them!

beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back