What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?
Jul 4, 2005 at 9:20 AM Post #46 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
[size=medium]LEGOS !![/size]

Damn straight! I also loved playing with my old G.I. Joes (Alley Viper and Night Viper were tEh COOLEST!), my SNES, my NES, and of course, the toy that should have been available when I was a kid(way too far ahead of its time), Bit Char-G!
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX
The girl next door.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dirty
wink.gif
And yes, you are a lucky person. I'm jealous.
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Thats the one! The Black Seas Barracuda!
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=10040&d=14&t=7

F Yeah! The most famous pirate ship of them all! My brother went apesh** when he got his hands on one in 1990, I believe(right when they came out).
I remember doing Mega Man mods to my legos(also alternates for Metroid play, this also worked for some GI Joes as well) and making toys for Final Fantasy 6 style homemade RPG's- we made Magiteks and stuff, and mixed them with knights and forestmen and all that. I also did monobikes from Venus Wars. Good times!
As of right now, I'm contemplating breaking out all my old legos to construct Wanzer units from Front Mission: Gun Hazard, and making custom assemblies for a mech RPG structure.
5000smile.gif
Abe

Jul 4, 2005 at 10:12 AM Post #49 of 53
I was playing with mys.... No, wait - I think it was a plastic "Star Wars" light saber in the 70s.

Jul 4, 2005 at 12:39 PM Post #50 of 53
I liked legos. Built cars out of spare lego parts with those neat shocks, etc. Then i'd push the car accross the floor as hard as I could and watch it explode when it hit the wall at full speed.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 4, 2005 at 2:31 PM Post #51 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Legos definitely.

And just about any art tool. Pencils, markers, paper, glue, foam core, cardboard, modelling clay......

I just loved building things.........and destroying them.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

You reminded me of something, when i was a little kid me and a friend would build a castle out of deck of cards and we would put a a king in the middle of it. We would get a bunch of rubberbands and shoot the at the castle and destroy it to try to capture or kill
biggrin.gif
the king.

Jul 4, 2005 at 3:00 PM Post #52 of 53
I actually made up this game called Sponge Ball (or Sponoe for short) with those fat, red plastic bats used for woffel ball, along with these small nerf balls. Basically, it was a two-person baseball game for the backyard. You could either hit a single or homerun, that's it. There were 9 innings per game, but only one out per half-inning. There was a line in front of home plate that a batted ball had to cross in order to be a fair ball, but there were foul lines just like baseball. I actually layed flour for the parts of the lines that were on grass. The 'fields' (backyards) we used were both concrete/brick and grass, so paint was used too. You could either tag the batter before he reached first after a batted ball was fielded, throw the fielded ball at the batter as he ran to first, or tag a base - either first or any other base that an imaginary runner was advancing to (on base due to a prior single) - before the batter reached first. I remember the batter dancing to avoid a throw - some funny ****. There were no called strikes (so this favored the hitter), but you could throw a ****** slider with the nerf ball (not with much velocity, though). You could add water to the ball to make it heavier and faster, but of course this was illegal! It was always fun to see how the wind would carry the ball, sometimes 20 ft. or more - a Candlestick Park simulation.

I turned my whole backyard into a miny baseball field - I can't believe my parents allowed it! I had wooden homerun fences covered with garbage bags (painted sky blue) to mimic the Twinkie Dome (I hate that park now), with distances stenciled in white, along with logos of all the teams (we used the street name of our houses as the 'city'). I was the Hurricane. We also made uniforms, and I still have the manual scoreboard I made. I kept statistics, and pretty much dominated my firends. The only thing missing were girls to play with, but we were a bunch of 12 year old dorks, so it didn't matter.
rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah, Star Wars action figures were cool too...

Jul 4, 2005 at 3:40 PM Post #53 of 53
Jeez...if it wern't for john jcb and JMT, I wouldn't recognize any of this stuff ([size=xx-small]I'm feeling very, very old[/size]).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back