What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?
Jul 3, 2005 at 6:58 PM Post #31 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
lego.

since i was like 3 till i turned about 12.

LEGOs...still...
eek.gif
...Yeah...I know. But those Mindstorms kits addictive (okay...maybe its just me...)!

Jul 4, 2005 at 12:33 AM Post #34 of 53
Mine is the Sony PSP and a pair of ER-6i's and I'm 49. It is never too late to have a happy childhood

Jul 4, 2005 at 1:00 AM Post #35 of 53
Man, with the exception of john_jcb, I feel rather old.
rolleyes.gif

These were my favorites back in the DBC (days before computers):

Johnny Astro: One of my favorite Christmas presents. Burned through 8 DD batteries in about an hour. I got to where I could land the "spaceship" on my own head.
johnny1st.jpg

Schwinn Varsity Continental: I had three of these, not all at once. They kept getting stolen, one at school and one right out of our garage.
rightfront.jpg

Mattel's Thingmaker: Had the Creepy Crawlers molds, the Fighting Men molds, and the Creeple Peeple molds. The Creeple Peeple were my favorites as I built a little business in the 4th grade selling these to my classmates.
ant.JPG

thing.jpg

Jul 4, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #37 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMacDaddy
NERF guns

Water guns/balooons

YES!! The kids and I in my neighborhood (of which like 75% moved away, so no more...) used to play with those for no end. These days I'm outside and confused as to why I'm the only living soul outside...my n-hood is like a ghost-town now, no water-wars. Nobody playing war, no hockey, nothing.

Quote:

I think I had one of those...could you please elaborate?

Oh yeah, LEGO pwned all, we had bases at like all 4 of our houses (closest friends, myself, Kevin, Josh and Joey. w00t, some of my armada still lives although the bases are gone (no room for 'em)...I still love all that old crap the most, notice how much it goes for on ebay
wink.gif
I sure do have my fair share of old crap that I wasn't around for (like 1982 catalogs and stuff from then and before...o.O)

w00t for Tonka trucks, my friends and I had bagillions of those...I had a dump truck and motor grater and my friend had an excavator and stuff...such a blast digging crap up.

Lincoln logs are kinda neat too...

Quote:

I did spend a lot of time on Warcraft II, C&C, Diablo and the original Dark Forces.

Dark Forces PWNS ALL!! I still play that game, truly one of the best. My friend had Warcraft 2 and so I played that there and i got C&C and we played multiplayer together, I never did get the expansion pack for it (where you could battle the dinosaurs...lol)

As for the supreme thing: (lol, supreme being...)
TRANSFORMERS!! RID!!, I LOOOOOOOOOVE that show, the movie, and the toys so much that I'm still obsessed with them, such an amazing thing.

Jul 4, 2005 at 1:57 AM Post #39 of 53
me and my brother had to share all the toys. The best we had were the giant Shogun Godzilla with the fire tongue and fist you could shoot. I had Rodan with the rubber bands that could move the wings.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Its not the exact toy but make it 16" with wings you could flap, a beak that would bite, and feet that could grab.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...985119629&rd=1

Oh man those Saturday afternoon monster movies on WPIX Ch.11 were the bomb. Those movies would compete with the Sat. Drive In Movie, and Kung Fu Theater on Big Apple 5 WNYW.

I got the most use out of legos and my HE-Man figures.

Jul 4, 2005 at 2:29 AM Post #41 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX
The girl next door.
smily_headphones1.gif

Lucky person
tongue.gif
The closest girl to me when I was growing up was 3 miles away, which probably explains my bad luck with women now
tongue.gif

I loved legos, and computers back when. I remember getting the bigass lego pirate ship for christmas one year, and spending the next few days putting it together
cool.gif

Jul 4, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #42 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Lucky person
tongue.gif
The closest girl to me when I was growing up was 3 miles away, which probably explains my bad luck with women now
tongue.gif

I loved legos, and computers back when. I remember getting the bigass lego pirate ship for christmas one year, and spending the next few days putting it together
cool.gif

you mean this one?

ship.jpg

Jul 4, 2005 at 3:07 AM Post #43 of 53
Jul 4, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #45 of 53
What I remember most was playing the Strat-O-Matic baseball board game in the early 70's. We had the 1972 cards for all of the teams, which had been a pretty good year for the White Sox, and Dick Allen in particular.

My friends "Moose" (because he was a really big kid) and "Dice" (because he played "Strat" so much, he always had a pair of dice in his hands) and I had a 3 person league going and we would play all day and night. We kept score just like in real baseball games, and did all kinds of statistics to monitor the progress of our teams.

It was a numbers thing, and you had to use a lot of stategy like a real life manager would. I used to hate trying to steal second base off of Johnny Bench and his -4 arm, for example. Guess you had to be there...

Here's some pics of what the game board looked like:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back