What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?
Jul 3, 2005 at 3:13 PM Post #17 of 53
4 kids in my family and my mom was a kindergarden teacher. Favorite toy? Who needs toys when you have a younger brother to beat..I mean to play with. Paper, crayons, and lots of imagination.

What toy can compare with my personal 150 paper plane air force? Easily devistates my brother's weak 90 plane force.

A commericial toy......Legos are awesome.

Jul 3, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #18 of 53
modo.jpg

This guy
biggrin.gif

Rock'N'Ride

Jul 3, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #19 of 53
matchbox & hotwheels cars... and the orange tracks.
green machine... Link
Nerf football
lego
tinkertoys
My huffy 3-speed bike.. huge banana seat!!
starwars lightsaber

Garrett

Jul 3, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #21 of 53
I had a few favorites, here is one of them:

dandarebox.jpg

I also had Lincoln logs, and Tonka and other trucks.

I recall spending more time riding horses, playing war games in the woods and fishing. My mother did not believe in buying toys or for that matter anything frivolous except on birthdays and Christmas so the things we got were cherished and most worn out or broken due to use.

Jul 3, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #23 of 53
All I ever got for toys were Legos, thats not a complaint.

I did spend a lot of time on Warcraft II, C&C, Diablo and the original Dark Forces. I still remember getting Starcraft for my birthday and it wouldn't run on our 486 because we only had 16mb of ram. We didn't have a computer that could run the game for another 3 months.

I didn't get a gameboy until 9th grade and I didn't get an actual console until I bought a N64 when I was in 12th grade, mmmm, goldeneye.

Jul 3, 2005 at 5:18 PM Post #26 of 53
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin
oooh, i had that too ! Made out of metal as well.

Yeah, the cats/voltron were metal, but the castle and the figures that went in the cats/castle were just plastic... not sure about voltrons sword... I think it was plastic too.
smily_headphones1.gif
[I'm pretty sure it is still at my Mom's in Edmonton, I should look next time I visit]

Jul 3, 2005 at 5:30 PM Post #27 of 53
My older brother and I used to have some serious KNOCK DOWN DRAG OUT fights over our Buck Rogers toys. My parents never had enough to get us each our own so we would split up a helmet and blaster kit and we were supposed to "share", YEAH RIGHT. I remember getting so PO'd when he would wake up before me and play with them first
mad.gif

Those were some good times

Jul 3, 2005 at 5:31 PM Post #28 of 53
Voltron is the popular name, but his original name was GoLion. He was part of the Godaikin line by Bandai. I had a bunch of these: Dyna-Man, Sun Vulcan, Goggle V, Combattra, God Sigma. These things were great. Really intricate, and pretty well made.

I also had the requisite Transformers and M-M-M-M.A.S.K.!

LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back