What was your best album/cd find of the year?
Dec 15, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #31 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by phr0m /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Satanic Satanist is little bit different sound from PTM (they wanted to make a kind of sing along album in this release), but the acoustic might suit you better or look at their first 2 albums:
Waiter you-vultures
church mouth/

Cool. Thanks. Didn't realize they had sample downloads now. Last time I checked I don't remember seeing any.

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #32 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Uthadude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad you said that. Most of my favorites come from GDBD.... but my alltime favorite song of theirs (When I go?) comes from Films for Radio. Oh well, off to Amazon.

What a great track! "Films for radio" was Over the Rhine's first pitch at cross over into mainstream. I think this has something to do with why I don't like it
devil_face.gif

It is a brilliant pop album still! I'm just being very fussy
smily_headphones1.gif

Ooooh...don't get me started about Amazon and the death of the high street music shop! We've just lost all of our Borders stores in the UK because of lazy internet shoppers who click on amaz....com. Now we don't have much of a high street worth bothering about.

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #33 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head_case /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a great track! "Films for radio" was Over the Rhine's first pitch at cross over into mainstream. I think this has something to do with why I don't like it
devil_face.gif

It is a brilliant pop album still! I'm just being very fussy
smily_headphones1.gif

Ooooh...don't get me started about Amazon and the death of the high street music shop! We've just lost all of our Borders stores in the UK because of lazy internet shoppers who click on amaz....com. Now we don't have much of a high street worth bothering about.

Go easy on me. I'm a truck driver. I'm only home every other weekend. 18 wheelers are hard to get into music store parking lots, and the ...zon packages are sitting on my doorstep when I get home.
wink_face.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #34 of 71
Lol - I can imagine the fun a parking attendant would have, trying to correctly administer a parking ticket on the correct part of your windscreen
smily_headphones1.gif

Well here's some music to recommend for you

Lucinda Williams - Car wheels on a gravel road

YouTube - car wheels on a gravel road - lucinda williams

The Innocence Mission - '500 miles'

500 Miles-The Innocence Mission - 麦田音ä¹ç½‘

Mary's Danish - 'Don't crash the car tonight'
YouTube - Mary's Danish - Don't Crash the Car Tonight (Live)

and

Peter Case's 'Travelling Light' from the album - the Man with the Biue Postmodern neo-traditional fragmented guitar!!

51vLZZBASVL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Also features in his album 'Thank you St Jude' (Patron saint of travellers?!)
860242_170x170.jpg

Safe drivin' and listening!

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #35 of 71
The Cowboy bebop OST's. Great Jazz, great rock, great blues, great music.

Dec 15, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #37 of 71
I'm so jealous...!

I won't get that one till Christmas and even then, it'll only be on CD
frown.gif

Is it on a par with 5 Days in July....that's what I want to know!

Dec 15, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #38 of 71
best discovery this year would be entire grime genre

biggest single album for me within that is Treddin On Thin Ice by Wiley. massive
beats are more detached and cold than a lot of american hip hop type stuff, and Wiley's lyrics are great; alternatively playful, introspective, bleak and optimistic.

good thread by the way.

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #40 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head_case /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so jealous...!

I won't get that one till Christmas and even then, it'll only be on CD
frown.gif

Is it on a par with 5 Days in July....that's what I want to know!

The vinyl comes with a double CD included. I don't own Five Days in May so, no comment on that.

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #41 of 71
Yes, I forgot about Pacifika, what a great album!
Available on CD only
frown.gif

Pacifika-01-big.jpg

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #43 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pincher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The vinyl comes with a double CD included. I don't own Five Days in May so, no comment on that.

Five Days in May is their epic!!! Get it!!!
wink_face.gif

Alas - by the time shipping and customs costs are added to the LP price from Canada to the United Kingdom, the LP costs 2x - 3x as much as it does in Canada. I get really upset when my favourite Canadian albums are released at the wrong time of the year and not coinciding with my travel arrangements
triportsad.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #45 of 71
Fever Ray, great chillout album

fever-ray-cover_medium.jpg
[/url]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back