What was the last movie you watched?
Sep 17, 2003 at 8:32 PM Post #166 of 456
The Shape of Things.

The ending was ****ed up. If somebody did that to me, I'd go 'Godzilla'

Sep 17, 2003 at 9:12 PM Post #167 of 456
An unusual movie, set in b&w. Soundtrack is kick-ass. I kept expecting to see Bubbles, Buttercup, or Blossom screach by. Many extras with this dvd. The music video's pretty good.

Sep 17, 2003 at 9:50 PM Post #169 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
mmmmm, pi

23318Y.jpg

mmmmmm,.....

wink.gif

Sep 19, 2003 at 6:43 AM Post #172 of 456
Pirates of the Caribbean - better than I was expecting, but still not exactly oscar worthy
wink.gif

-dd3mon

Sep 20, 2003 at 3:45 AM Post #173 of 456
Underworld...bit of a choppy storyline, and its necessary dark environment unfortunately also made it hard to follow the action scenes sometimes. Otherwise, nice shoot em up. Great assortment of guns in there too...Walther P99s, Desert Eagles, automatic compensated Beretta M9s, USP and a USP Match. Just missing a Colt and a Glock to round things off.

Sep 20, 2003 at 3:54 AM Post #174 of 456
Man, I love horror films but none of my friends do. I'm missing out on a serious rash of releases lately: Underworld, The Order, Cabin Fever, Jason v Freddy - at least the home theater is coming along so I guess I can enjoy them next spring.

I really need to see American Splendor sometime this weekend.

Sep 20, 2003 at 3:55 AM Post #175 of 456
Quote:

I really need to see American Splendor sometime this weekend.

that movie is so good. i want to be harvey pekar when i grow up. kind of...

Sep 20, 2003 at 12:48 PM Post #176 of 456
Coming out of four day film fast (re;depression)...this was just the razzle dazzle Holywood fim making I needed to lift my spirits. Great performances by all involved.

B00005JLSE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Then moved on to Time Code...really interesting idea for a film and the perfect non-addictive sleep aid last night
smily_headphones1.gif
Switching focus from each of the four concurrently running screens provided an odd and soothing type of enjoyable hypnosis.

B00004W22E.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Sep 20, 2003 at 2:39 PM Post #177 of 456
JM...Time Code are one of those films that i can't stop watching again and again. quite a film. trully one of mike figgis' best.

last night, i was able to add another favorite to my short list.
1808402790p.jpg
wow. simply astounding technical achievement here. first time i saw the trailer, it gave the impression of one of those mainstream narrative dress-ups. boy, was i wrong. a demanding screenplay to kill for. one of the most intelligent flicks for quite a while now. hmmm, wanna try gheorghiu for this one.

Sep 20, 2003 at 3:40 PM Post #178 of 456
I've just watched Terminator 3. After seeing the ad's for it, I fully expected it to be a POS. But its actually pretty good IMO, and not exactly a happy ending which sure does make a change for a hollywood flick. Quite obviously rigged for a sequel, but I have to say the end bit did send a chill down the spine
biggrin.gif

Sep 22, 2003 at 1:34 AM Post #179 of 456
Underworld -- I liked it. Mmm...Kate Beckinsale...I love that hair in the face:

underworld01.jpg
Quote:

Man, I love horror films but none of my friends do. I'm missing out on a serious rash of releases lately: Underworld, The Order, Cabin Fever, Jason v Freddy - at least the home theater is coming along so I guess I can enjoy them next spring.

Actually, Underworld is more of an action film.

Sep 22, 2003 at 8:34 AM Post #180 of 456
Saw Once Upon a Time in Mexico today. It wasn't as bad as I read it to be, but it's not that far either. It felt rather haphazardly thrown together. The shooting scenes were just bad, with the bullet impact physics being quite unrealistic. I mean, I doubt hitting somebody with a double barreled pistol is supposed to knock them 20 feet into the air or make them spin across the floor. And then they go pulling the whole *good guy shoots* *flash camera to bad guy* *bad guy instantly dies* thing through every shot. Eh, no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back