What was the last movie you watched?
Sep 11, 2003 at 4:28 PM Post #152 of 456
Just saw it last night...rewatching it now...Alessandro Nivola from Mansfield Park is in it along with a bunch of great actors including Frances McDormand, Christian Bale & Kate Beckinsale.

A great script with tons of sexual tension and erotically charged scenes.

And the fact that it takes place within the music recording industry is fun too...oh and Senns are featured prominantly.
smily_headphones1.gif

John

laurel.jpg

Sep 12, 2003 at 12:07 PM Post #153 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
El Espinazo del Diablo

Amazing movie, it's now in my top ten favorite movies ever.

Thanks for this suggestion...watched it last night...very scary and beautiful.

John

Sep 12, 2003 at 4:54 PM Post #154 of 456
Haven't really seen anything noteworthy lately (though I did get around to watching Wicked City... kinda disappointing), but I snagged some deals at Best Buy last weekend: Taxi Driver, Desperado, and The Breakfast Club. God damn, I love the Breakfast Club. I wish I had bought the "High School Reunion" three-pack.

Anyway, to add to the Guillermo del Toro discussion, [size=medium]HE IS DIRECTING "AT THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS" (an adaptation of the Lovecraft classic)![/size] I can't WAIT. If it's anything like the story.... this will be a classic horror film.

- Chris

Sep 12, 2003 at 6:19 PM Post #156 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
manhunter (directors cut)

better than silence of the lambs or any of the crappy sequels or remakes imho.

You gotta love the finale with Inna-Gadda-Da-Vida.

John

Sep 15, 2003 at 1:43 AM Post #158 of 456
imageload

Man, I don't know if I should be happy or depressed after seeing this movie.

In any event...really, really, well done. Recommended.

Sep 15, 2003 at 2:16 AM Post #159 of 456
I watch anywhere between 2-5 movies a week... But been out of town for 3 days.... dotn remember the last one i watched.

I do, however, remember the last movie that surprised me. Gangs of New York. Diaz was a "mis-cast" but the storyline was great.

Another good one is Ghost Town.. Never have i seen a movie which allows such amazingly effortless relation to the characters. Not the type of movie for everyone though.

Sep 15, 2003 at 4:41 PM Post #162 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
about a killer elevator....don't even think about it.

shaft.jpg

we'll know for the first time
if we're evil or divine
we're the last in line

\m/ //o\\ \m/

Sep 15, 2003 at 5:10 PM Post #163 of 456
Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
about a killer elevator....don't even think about it.

well at least you know what you got when you watched it.. the shaft! (hahah, get it!?)

i watched old school on saturday, good ****. then yesterday i watched hard boiled again and damn what a fine bunch of carnage it is.

[edit]: i'm evil

Sep 15, 2003 at 6:31 PM Post #164 of 456
Bulletproof Monk - decent. Not great, but certainly worth what I paid to see it ($0)
wink.gif

-dd3mon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back