what to listen to when very sad?
Apr 5, 2006 at 9:30 PM Post #46 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by IHaveNoSpaceBar
It's not possible to get any more depressed at this point of time..I was looking for something to relax and help ease the emotions a little.

hope sandovol and the warm inventions "bavarian fruit bread"
if that cd doesn't sooth you, try drugs.

Apr 6, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #47 of 61
My favourite album to listen to if i'm in a bad mood, sad or just stressed, is
Red Box - The Circle and The Square

It's cheerful fun pop from the 80s but it sounds like the people who made it are having such a good time its hard not to be cheered up I've found.

And if anyone has a copy on CD PM me... I gotta get a better copy than my tape.

Apr 6, 2006 at 3:37 AM Post #48 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Forget headphone listening while you are depressed!

Force yourself to do social activities, or at least things you can do around other people. It's the best medicine, imo. Come back to the cans when your head is in a better place.

Just my .02

He has a point.

Even if it is the last thing you feel like doing.

Apr 9, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #50 of 61
When I'm feeling sad, angry etc... These are the songs I usally run to...

- Metallica Fade To Black (Also Disturbed did a cover of this song, it's awesome)
- Metallica Nothing Else Matters
- Metallica One

- Scars of Life "Bullet with your name & Eyes Pried Open"

- Pink Floyd The whole Dark Side Of The Moon album, and The Wall

- Slipknot

- Lynard Skynyrd Freebird (live) thats a good 20 or so minute song
smily_headphones1.gif

During my breakup with my Ex last year
- Afghan Whigs The whole "Gentelman" Album (there is no better break up album IMHO) Amazon Link

If your looking for cheerful music to bring you up from feeling sad, I'm not to sure what to listen...I usally do not like cheerful music when I feel down. I seem to get allong better with the above mentioned music.

Apr 12, 2006 at 5:30 AM Post #52 of 61
If you want to really live your sadness for all it's worth, then
Charles Mingus - Goodbye Porkpie Hat (FROM Mingus Ah Um, not later cuts)

One of the most perfect tracks ever cut.

If you want something guaranteed to be fun go for Louis Armstrong's Hot Fives and Sevens. I'm not promising happiness - you need to solve your problems for that - but fun, yes.

Apr 12, 2006 at 8:24 AM Post #53 of 61
When everyone around me tends to get that mentally dumb
“unreasonable” syndrome the first thing I think about is a vacation day, Guinness Extra Stout, and White Zombie’s “La Sexorcisto Devil Music Vol. 1” at very loud volume levels.

Apr 12, 2006 at 9:49 AM Post #55 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg
Forget headphone listening while you are depressed!

Force yourself to do social activities, or at least things you can do around other people. It's the best medicine, imo. Come back to the cans when your head is in a better place.

Just my .02

Depends on the person's personality, Im quite introverted so when around a bunch of other people I can get unhappy because I cant sort of seem to fit in to whatever they are doing.

Apr 20, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #57 of 61
The tracks "Walk On" and "Elevation" from U2's album, "All That You Can't Leave Behind" always give me encouragement and perspective which helps me to process what is making me sad so that I can learn and grow from it, and use what I've gained through it in the next, often more creative, segment of life. Liz Phair's mix of sympathetic realism and good-natured humor in "Whitechocolatespaceegg" is also an encouraging help to me in times of sadness. Sinead Lohan's earthy wisdom and the language and images which she uses to portray it in the songs she has written for her "No Mermaid" album have provided me with a guiding, consoling presence to help in transmuting sadness to strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back