What to get that sound like my Denon ADH-750's ?
Feb 8, 2011 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

NRGz28

New Head-Fier
Hi guys. I decided to register and post my firs thread after lurking around here for the last few weeks. I was watching an auction on Ebay today for some Denon AH-D750 headphones and got outbid by a dollar at the last minute (still kicking myself for it....).  I owned a pair of these for the last 10 years and recently broke them to pieces :/  

What I'd like to ask you pro's around here is this...  What current headphones sound about the same as these ? Would the Sony MDR-V6 sound close ? The ATH-M50's ? I listen to mostly electronic music and LOVE tight bass and crips highs. I think the Denon's delivered all that and then some, I enjoyed them alot. What can you guys recommend for me ? :)

Feb 9, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #3 of 5
I think you are right on the mark with the M50's, though they probably will be a bit more detailed and maybe 'neutral' than your old Denons.
Brands like Audio Technica and Sony (the older models) will come closer to the sound of your old Denons than Sennheiser or AKG will.

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 5
I went and bought a pair of MT50's today at a Guitar Center store. Guy price matched them to 120$. Awesome deal for awesome cans. I'm very satisfied with how they sound and they sound very close to my old Denon AH-D750 :)

Feb 9, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 5
Congrats!
Good to hear you like them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back