What to do with my akg k271?
Oct 13, 2010 at 5:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

hanklibre

New Head-Fier
Hello!

A couple of weeks ago i found my old akg's lying around in a box. They hadn't been used for years and were in pretty bad shape as it were. But I figured I'd give them a chance since I remembered them as pretty nice sounding. So I ordered a new set of Velour pads (the beyer ones which I had read somewhere that they made them sound better) and a new cable. Now that I'm listening to them everything sounds fantastic, even better than in my memory. Only, on certain tracks, when certain bass frequencies are played there is a shatter sound. It sounds as though something is lying in there somewhere and creates a vibration in the headphone. This is of course at the very low end. I remember having the same issue with my hd25, after which I went to the retailer, who opened the phone just to find a tiny piece of hair lying on the element. But with the AKG's I've tried everything to sort of clear them out of any alien objects. But the distortion noise remains! So, do you think they are broken? Is there any way to get hold of spare parts for these babies? Sorry if I'm not so good with describing.

Anyways, I'm very grateful for any help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back