WHAT THE HELL IS THAT AVATAR ABOUT?!
Aug 25, 2004 at 9:16 PM Post #121 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dane
all work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boy ...
Get it?
tongue.gif

LOL! One of my favorite movies!

Aug 25, 2004 at 9:29 PM Post #122 of 181
Decided to update mine. It's now a picture of Mitsuki and Haruka from the game/anime Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. ^^

As for the name, it's a nickname given to me by a longtime online friend, and as it's a wordplay on "Gouki", the Japanese name of Akuma from the Street Fighter series, I decided to keep it. KS is just my initials that I've had the habit of tacking on to the end of my online aliases.
smily_headphones1.gif

~KS

Aug 25, 2004 at 11:36 PM Post #124 of 181
It's abit confusing when someone who has had the same avatar for along time suddenly changes it, because I get used to seeing the avatar rather than the name, since we are so visual.

Aug 25, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #125 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dane
all work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull boy all work and no play makes jack a dull ...

Suddenly, the Atlantic Ocean no longer seems wide enough
blink.gif

Aug 26, 2004 at 6:22 AM Post #126 of 181
My current one is from the flash video Switch to Linux, aka Linux Supervillain. I liked the little dude so much I actually wrote and got permission from the author to make T-Shirts out of him. On the front, a small grayscale (painstakingly tweaked by yours truly...) Tux, the ubiquitous (and free as per the GPL) Linux logo. On the back, a giant Steve (the dude from the flash video) and the caption "Linux gives us the power we need to crush those who oppose us". It shows Steve pounding his fist onto his hand. (I think there's a total of 4 frames in the whole video with that. Had to use Flash MX to grab that one)

Anyway, I was bored with my old one (a B&W self-portrait of my head with HD 280s on. It looked fisheye almost, because everything was so huge. Methinks the 280s didn't help that), so I took Steve and shrunk him way down.

Oh yeah, and why did I choose it? Mainly because I feel like that a lot of the time. I'm not particulary buff (although I'm not bad at running... but I digress), but a geek to the core. I look at these huge-yet-stupid guys running around and can't help thinking that one day, they'll be working for me. And I'll be laughing. No offense to any jocks on this board, you're the exception to the rule.

(-:Stephonovich:)

Aug 26, 2004 at 8:21 AM Post #127 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
I got this avatar when I first returned to the boards a year or so ago. I have been on this site forever, but it usually feels like no-one knows who I am.

That avatar is hellova cute, especially when tied to your comments!

That avatar lodges itself into my memory very well, don't change it! By the way, is there any relation to Ray Samuel's components? 'Stealth?'

Aug 26, 2004 at 5:59 PM Post #128 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flea Bag
By the way, is there any relation to Ray Samuel's components? 'Stealth?'

No, though I would love to get my hands on one of those amps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hellova? that is short for "hell of a" correct? I am glad to know that we northern californians aren't the only ones who use a hip abbreviation of that phrase.
icon10.gif

Aug 26, 2004 at 6:25 PM Post #129 of 181
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
Hellova? that is short for "hell of a" correct? I am glad to know that we northern californians aren't the only ones who use a hip abbreviation of that phrase.
icon10.gif

I've always thought "helluva" was the common way to abbreviate/slur it... ^^

~KS

Aug 26, 2004 at 9:42 PM Post #132 of 181
The one as of this post is Calvin enjoying another of his mom's wonderful dinners. I find that it reminds me of my 6 year old who seems to have the same attitude at dinner these days. I've kept Calvin because Jude thinks I'm a little blonde kid with a big imagination.

(I'm actually a big dark haired guy with a big imagination.)

Aug 27, 2004 at 12:17 AM Post #134 of 181
My son, Daniel, at 2 years old, with the first set of headphones I ever had..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back