What speakers do you guys use with your CPU?
Jul 4, 2005 at 11:08 AM Post #16 of 61
Midiland (Diamond) S2 4100
as much as i would love to upgrade to something like swan m200, i would probably spend that $$$ on headphone gear if i had any to spare
frown.gif

Jul 4, 2005 at 11:54 AM Post #17 of 61
I have a pair of Mackie HR824 powered monitors and 24" high mass partsexpress stands with my HTPC connected to the TV set

Jul 4, 2005 at 1:59 PM Post #18 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix
http://mysite.verizon.net/res1g9ny/setup1.jpg

common, those speakers kill what i got, i think you should atleast get a pair of speaker stand for $30 on ebay. tweeters should be at ears level.

Jul 4, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #23 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
common, those speakers kill what i got, i think you should atleast get a pair of speaker stand for $30 on ebay. tweeters should be at ears level.

Actually the manufacturer recommends placing them directly on the ground to improve the bass. Speaker stands in this situation aren't that important for the sound I think, since the major point is to just situate them well. They are small speakers but project well and can fill a room with sound. Therefore, they are easy to place and sound more natural further away from my ears than I had originally thought was optimal. Putting them on the floor also improves the bass since the bass port is in the back and the bass literally resonates with the floor, helping to improve the bass response.

Having said that, I'm considering DIY stands right now (just to tilt them up off the ground and maybe raise them slightly off the ground.)

Jul 4, 2005 at 11:53 PM Post #24 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
hey asterix , nice mic for pc applications
eek.gif

tongue.gif
I know you'r probably using it for music recording
wink.gif

LOL, it's funny you mention that. I bought it for recording live music but I ended up mostly using for it playing video games. Well my friends in the game say my voice sounds pretty loud & clear, anyway.

Jul 5, 2005 at 2:50 AM Post #25 of 61
Rotel RSX-1055(pre)
Rotel RMB-1075
Swan Diva2.1
SVS 25-31 PC+
basshead.gif

Swan 5.2's when I'm not home for the summer, they are just too damn big to transport.

Jul 5, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #26 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Erukian
very very nice taste tofu. Room is too small to take advantage of the bad-ass sound quality those can put out though, but it should be sounding pretty fantastic.

thanks. yea, the room is quite small. things should start sounding a lot better once i add some room treatments though.

Jul 5, 2005 at 4:04 AM Post #27 of 61
Polk LSi9's and a Polk PSW650 powered sub.

Jul 5, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #29 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix
LOL, it's funny you mention that. I bought it for recording live music but I ended up mostly using for it playing video games. Well my friends in the game say my voice sounds pretty loud & clear, anyway.

What's that specific mic model, AKG perhaps? What would you suggest in the >$50 range? I'm considering picking myself up a decent mic for that much if possible.
5000smile.gif
Abe

Jul 5, 2005 at 8:51 AM Post #30 of 61
Hm, depending upon what you mean by "with the CPU" its either HK Soundsticks II (and no, I am not ashamed to say that I LIKE them for the price) or ... Linn Tukans on the APX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back