What speakers do you guys use with your CPU?
Jul 8, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #46 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreenBastard
tofu I love La Scalas. My Future system will be a Belle for the center, with 6 La Scalas al the way around and a couple of sono tubes in the corner. Needless to say I love Klipsch.

My 2 PC speaker systems are

System 1

Klipsch Reference Series RSX-5 (Mains)
Klipsch Reference Series RSX-5 (Surrounds)
Klipsch Reference Series RCX-4 (Center)
Paradigm PW-2200 v.2 (Sub)

[MG]http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/download.asp?mode=download&fileID=30996&sessionID= {D8C5EB33-DC65-4948-9B58-7EE5A46F9264}[/IMG]

System 2

Klipsch Reference Series RF-3 (Mains)
Klipsch Reference Series RS-3 (Surrounds)
Klipsch Reference Series RC-3 (Center)
Klipsch Reference Series RSX-4 (Rear Center)
SVS 16-46PC (Sub)

[IG]http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/download.asp?mode=download&fileID=28968&sessionID= {D8C5EB33-DC65-4948-9B58-7EE5A46F9264}[/IMG]

You can see the PC in this pic on the top shelf in the rack with the blue vfd display. Just incase someone says these speakers are not used with a PC.

[IG]http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/download.asp?mode=download&fileID=28966&sessionID= {D8C5EB33-DC65-4948-9B58-7EE5A46F9264}[/IMG]

hey,

i came from rf-3's too. although it was a great upgrade, it was also an extreme change is sound as well. perhaps you should demo them if you havent already, as some people do not care for the heritage sound and would prefer rf-7's over la scalas or klipschorns.

Jul 8, 2005 at 4:49 AM Post #47 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmo
Hehe, well, 12x15 is plenty of room, but by ghetto, in your reference, I would mean like the staples paper for stands, etc. Its creative, if it sounds good, go for it right?

Some people, who have like klipsch 5.1 speakers positioned all in front of them, or speakers that arn't positioned evenly etc spaced out properly, just stuck in whatever nook or cranny is convienient.

Shrug, room acoustics mean so much, its pointless to have good speakers if you don't have them setup right.

The staples paper is a temporary solution. I'll take another picture when I get real stands (and vacuum the floor)
wink.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #48 of 61
Quote:

Wow, a lot of these speaker setups are totally ghetto, some very good speakers, but how many of us actually have a PC / speaker setup that isn't in a cramped little room other than myself?

I guess it is to be expected on a headphone forum
600smile.gif

once i purchase proper room treatments (within the next month or so), i assure you, if you listen in my room the walls will dissapear.

Jul 8, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #49 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asterix
The staples paper is a temporary solution. I'll take another picture when I get real stands (and vacuum the floor)
wink.gif

you could always build slanted risers for them if you wish to keep them on the floor. kind of like what some of the klipsch hereseys came with.

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:14 AM Post #50 of 61
Quote:

Some people, who have like klipsch 5.1 speakers positioned all in front of them, or speakers that arn't positioned evenly etc spaced out properly, just stuck in whatever nook or cranny is convienient.

Shrug, room acoustics mean so much, its pointless to have good speakers if you don't have them setup right.

Nice try using me as your dumb ass example but the speakers were only like that for the pic. You can climb back down now.
eek.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:35 AM Post #51 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by tofu
hey,

i came from rf-3's too. although it was a great upgrade, it was also an extreme change is sound as well. perhaps you should demo them if you havent already, as some people do not care for the heritage sound and would prefer rf-7's over la scalas or klipschorns.

I've auditioned la scalas and love their sound. The only reason I would consider RF-7's would be due to space. 6 la scalas, a belle, plus subs have a tendencey to take up a bit of room. Fortunately I just started pouring the footings on my new house and I have a rather large space planned for a dedicated HT room. Once I have the room finished and isolated I don't know if I will be using headphones much after that.
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #53 of 61
Tannoy Fusion 2s. I really like the way these things sound, probably the last thing in this setup I'm going to get rid of. IMHO they have no right to sound this good at the price. I'll slap a pic here if I manage to find my digicam somewhere
rolleyes.gif

/JF

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #54 of 61
A pair of Fosgate FA51.0 bookshelf speakers connected to an Onkyo TX-SR302. Such rich sound.
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #55 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreenBastard
Nice try using me as your dumb ass example but the speakers were only like that for the pic. You can climb back down now.
eek.gif

I wasn't even referring to your picture alone, go to any forum, and see people with klipsch/logitech whatever 5.1 pc speakers, they are always positioned wrong.

I don't care if people think it sounds fine, positioning/acoustics can make a crap speaker sound great, and can make your great speakers sound amazing, don't neglect it.

Jul 10, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #56 of 61
I thought this was a thread for computer speakers... why are people posting their ht setups now?

Jul 10, 2005 at 6:59 PM Post #58 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorcilantro
Those are my PC speakers : )

DR. C

Ok..... well now.

Jul 10, 2005 at 7:15 PM Post #60 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey_V
I thought this was a thread for computer speakers... why are people posting their ht setups now?

"speakers do you guys use with your CPU" != "computer speakers".
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back