What song/album gave you your first eargasm.
Feb 3, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #47 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
V... Ozzy "Suicide Solution" off the Tribute Album.

The first time I heard Randy Rhoads I crapped in my pants ...

Definitely that album is my favorite live album, perhaps my favorite of all time. I remember hearing certain songs on friend's car stereos as a teen when it came out, thinking "why haven't I heard this before". Then I got the tape for myself and shoved it into my Alpine in-dash cassette deck (this was pre-CD). Holy Moly.

And I still have to "clinch up" when I hear Randy Rhodes on Mr. Crowley off that album. Possibly next to Black Sabbath's Black Sabbath, live Mr. Crowley is the track that I play the most. Either of these tracks could have given me my first "eargasm". It was just too long ago to remember.

Feb 3, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #48 of 79
Depeche Mode's "Violator" heard on a rubbish, budget brand mono tape deck. It's the first time I listened to an album and thought "wow, music is awesome."

I remember the equipment only because it's all we had for years. The equipment is the means, but the music is the ends, so the eargasm is all about the music for me, and since it wasn't limited/defined by the OP, I'm going with my definition of it.
600smile.gif

Feb 5, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #49 of 79
La Ritournelle by Sébastien Tellier

Goosebumps all over. Beautyful piano and after a few minutes he starts to sing:

Oh nothing is gonna change my love for you
I wanna spend my life with you
So we make love on the grass under the moon
No one can tell, damned if I do
Forever journeys on golden avenues
I drift in your eyes since I love you
I got that beat in my veins for only rule
Love is to share, mine is for you

Feb 5, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #50 of 79
I think it was Abbey Road, or maybe Still Crazy After All These Years. I was 10 or so and goofing around with my stepdad's high end system.

Feb 6, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #51 of 79
I was in Grade 10 and a classmate invited me over to listen to his dad's new McIntosh stereo (while his dad was at work). He put on The Who's "I Can See for Miles" and cranked it.

Feb 7, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #53 of 79
I guess my first eargasm was listening to Renegade by Styx on an Emerson 8 track player my parents bought me when I was a wee lad. It just rocked regardless of the sound quality.

Another instance was actually watching Don Kirschner's Rock Concert on television. Night Ranger played Don't Tell Me You Love Me live. Blew me away.

Feb 7, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #54 of 79
Neil Young's After the Gold Rush....great recording...and definitely DSOTM. Eargasm....mmmmm.

Feb 7, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #55 of 79
Pink Floyd's Wish You Were Here
(actually heard before DSOTM)
huge pink floyd fan since, never looked back

Feb 7, 2007 at 12:46 PM Post #56 of 79
For me, it was Classical Mushroom by Infected Mushroom. Its been getting regular air time for the past 7 years
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #57 of 79
Had my 2nd

Portishead - Roads from the album live in Roseland NY

I got the feeling that I attend that concert when hearing this. Wow. What a beautiful voice this woman has and the orchestra does the rest.

Feb 28, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #59 of 79
Either of these two albums exposed me to music I was completely unaccustomed to - and I liked it!

Air's Moon Safari

or

Stereolab's Cobra Groop Plays Voltage In the Milky Night

Hard to remember what the first song that grabbed me was, but most recently:

"Shake Your Hips" - Th' Legendary Shack Shakers (raw, absolutely raw)

Feb 28, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #60 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tool - Lateralus

This was the first well recorded CD I can remember listening to when I first got into the hobby. It's usually my go-to album when I get some new gear, and I've never gotten sick of it
tongue.gif

I completely agree. And it is my default cd for checking out other gear at meets.

I had the luck of getting a copy of Lateralus almost a month before it came out in MOST stores, man I miss those days. As I was going through the cd for the first time and I came across the song Lateralus, I ended up putting the play cycle on repeat single track from almost 4 hours straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back