What should I hear out for, with the HE-400 to understand how awesome they are?
Sep 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

krzkrzkrz

New Head-Fier
Just received my HE-400's, which I will be pairing up with my Fiio E17 amp/dac.

I've tested the headphones on several songs / movies. I've been listening to a lot of classical and house music. What should I listen for? I have a pair of iPod earphones, and when I plug them into the Fiio E17, the mids seem to sound better. My ears may just be naive. A little bit of training / experience will change that.

With the HE-400's, I can tell that the bass is awesome. Anything else I should hear out for?

It's like wine tasting. You need to know what to look out for before you can judge.

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:37 AM Post #4 of 22
Most are somewhat blown away the first time they hear a good planar like the he400. It's a truly impressive hp on many levels. The e17 is enough to experience it properly. If you you are not blown away then it may not be for you.

gL!!

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #7 of 22
Is this a good gaming headphone?

Sep 26, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #9 of 22
Quote:
Holy crap Mal !! You've been holding out on me. The Piano Guys are fantastic..

They are pretty spectacular! Haven't been able to stop listening.

Sep 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:
Holy crap Mal !! You've been holding out on me. The Piano Guys are fantastic..

Heya,

Well, their album isn't out yet, so just youtube. Album drops next month. Can't wait. 
biggrin.gif

Very best,

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Heya,

Well, their album isn't out yet, so just youtube. Album drops next month. Can't wait. 
biggrin.gif

Very best,

I was just listening to these guys right now after you guys mentioned it here, the sound was so very familiar and then I realized these are the same guys who made the Love Story meets Viva La Vida rendition, which I heard several years ago. Very cool.

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #15 of 22
I loved how everything from this album sounded on these, might not be within a lot of people's tastes though:

This song is a really nice acousting song, hammered dulcimer duo, but I can't find it on youtube:

http://www.rhapsody.com/artist/jamie-janover/album/all-strings-considered/track/two-plus-blue

Helios is also very pleasant on these, I'm really in love with the way this track is presented right now:

Hard to find something that doesn't shine really 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back