What should I get?
Sep 3, 2012 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dgonso965

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I am going to be making a headphone purchase soon. I will be replacing my bose QC2. I have been reading posts on this website about headphones and I think I narrowed it down to these three:

AKG K550
Denon AHD2000
Ultrasone Pro 750

Any comments or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Sep 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hello all,

I am going to be making a headphone purchase soon. I will be replacing my bose QC2. I have been reading posts on this website about headphones and I think I narrowed it down to these three:

AKG K550
Denon AHD2000
Ultrasone Pro 750

Any comments or other recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

All three are good but different closed cans.  To go much beyond that you will need to tell us:

What is your budget?

What equipment will be powering these cans?  Will you be using an amp?

What is the format of your music and other sounds you will putting into these cans?

Describe the sound signature that you are seeking?

What music genres do you plan run through these cans?

Do you plan to use them outside your home?  If so, in what way & with what equipment?

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 4
Budget is $400

I have a desktop that I built with a decent integrated sound card. It is on the motherboard, an Asus M5A97. If this is not powerful enough, I would get an amp.

Format is whatever netflix is and mp3, AAC, MPEG, WAV.

Not sure about a sound signature

I like hip-hop, rock, easy listening, classical, hard rock, house, electronic, dubstep. I will listen and like just about everything. 

Not much out the house use. Maybe when I travel I will bring them. But I do have my QC2s for travel so there is no emphasis on portability.

Hope I answered everything well enough. Thanks for your help!

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Budget is $400

I have a desktop that I built with a decent integrated sound card. It is on the motherboard, an Asus M5A97. If this is not powerful enough, I would get an amp.

Format is whatever netflix is and mp3, AAC, MPEG, WAV.

Not sure about a sound signature

I like hip-hop, rock, easy listening, classical, hard rock, house, electronic, dubstep. I will listen and like just about everything. 

Not much out the house use. Maybe when I travel I will bring them. But I do have my QC2s for travel so there is no emphasis on portability.

Hope I answered everything well enough. Thanks for your help!

Get the D2000 while you still can.  They have the best bass/sub-bass of the group.  See:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/luscious-denon-ah-d2000-ah-d50000-and-ah-d7000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back