What should I contribute to a charity raffle?
Nov 5, 2010 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AmanGeorge

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

I know everyone hates "what would you buy" threads, but I hoped this one would be sufficiently different to warrant asking...

My office is having a raffle to raise money for charity. Basically, people in the office will donate goods and services which will get bundled into packages for folks to bid on.

I'm excited and want to donate a pair of headphones - it's an opportunity to give to charity with the fringe benefit of introducing somebody to good sound. My question is - what do you guys think I should donate in terms of full-size vs. IEM? I'm leaning towards IEMs, but I know some folks don't find them all that comfortable and thought full-size might be a little safer (I donated a pair of Grado 225s for the same raffle last year).

Of course, specific suggestions on what headphones to actually donate are welcome. Given that the person who gets it will probably not usually have awesome headphones, I was leaning towards the criteria being: 1) Not bass-light, 2) Easy to drive straight from iPod or laptop jack, 3) somewhere in the $75-150 range

-Full size (Shure SRH440, ATH M50, SRH750DJ)
-IEM (Monster Turbine, Klipsch Image S4i)

Look forward to your thoughts

Nov 5, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #2 of 8
So, as a charitable gesture you're going to get someone hooked on this forum.
o2smile.gif

Nov 5, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #4 of 8
just pointing out "big names" will bring in more/higher bids. so monster and klipsch would have that advantage over the shures or audio technicas.

Nov 5, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #5 of 8
How about a Grado SR-60i? Everyone seems to like them and those not "in the know" tend to be floored by what they hear for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back