What seller do I buy the M-Stage from?
Oct 20, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #6 of 37

Quote:
I've heard that HLLY's listing is a clone of the clone.  Who is a reputable dealer from which to buy the Matrix M-Stage?

Not wanting to start a new topic about this, so I'll ask here. Where are the rumors about HLLY selling a clone of a clone coming from? Did anyone had a bad experience with them? I am thinking to buy M-Stage from ns_fm_transmitter (100% Positive feedback) because they are giving for free HLLY tamp-20 amp. It must be a crappy amp indeed, but my desktop NAD amp (which I used temporarily to drive my Senn HD650 as well) left me for good this time and I need something to drive my speakers for the time being, until I save some money for a decent amp. Here is the offer, should I go for it?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Matrix-M-stage-Headphone-Amplifier-Amp-LATEST-VERSION-S-/330454610560?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf0a13280

Oct 21, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #7 of 37
No, because that account is an alt of HLLY.
There's tons and tons and tons of bad reviews for him.  Many people are saying that his m-stages aren't even real.  He also sells "official" Little Dots without permission.

Oct 21, 2010 at 5:06 PM Post #9 of 37

Quote:
I've heard that HLLY's listing is a clone of the clone.  Who is a reputable dealer from which to buy the Matrix M-Stage?

What would constitute a clone of a clone? I don't think either Jeff or Gordon (HLLY) make these amps, do you mean that there is more than one manufacturer making these clones? How would you tell the difference?

Oct 21, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #10 of 37

Quote:

Dear sir, Please do not slander HLLY Audio,  We sell Genuine M-Stage in our website and ebay account, never receive a bad feedback about the M-stage headphone!

Actually Mr Yang (the manufacture of Matrix) is my good friend,  who is in Xi'an city, China!
We get to know each other because his good products!

I will post a certificate of authorization from Mr Yang here soon!

THanks

David gao

Oct 21, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #11 of 37
In defense of HLLY, I bought my M-Stage from them and it is a keeper!
I've had to open it up to roll op amps and I must say that the quality is top notch.
For a ~$250 head amp the componentry is high grade.
Not boutique mind you, but not the junk that one would encounter in a "clone of a clone".
From the ALPS volume control to the Nichicon Gold Tune electrolytics
and the encapsulated, shielded toroidal power transformer, this amp screams quality.
The build is also extremely tight and clean. No sloppy work here.
I'd wager that it the same exact amp that Tam of CFG is selling.

There is a chinese "clone of a clone" of the Matrix M-Stage if you will.
It is unbadged and sold as a kit. It uses cheaper quality parts,
but those who have bought it says it sounds excellent. It is called "The Lovely Cube".
I have not seen HLLY marketing that piece.
Maybe that has something to do with these clone of a clone rumors.

Oct 22, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #12 of 37
X2 on the above post.
Mine is from HLLY as well. I opened it up and it looks identical to the picture above.
PelPix I would be interested in knowing where you get your information from, could you provide a link to these "discussions".

Oct 23, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #13 of 37
Actually I ordered the unit from them two days ago. Before doing so I sent them an email asking some things about their offer and how they could help me with the customs. Their response came shortly after and in a very professional manner. Today they sent me the tracking number together together with the link to EMS to track the package. The package is still in China, I hope in 6-7 days to reach me here in Greece. So until now I have only good impressions from this seller, I'll come back with more in the M-Stage page when I receive the unit.

Oct 25, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #15 of 37
I'll actually recommend HLLY instead of coolfungadget. When I was looking from where to buy - only HLLY offered me free shipping. The item came quickly and without problems. Also - they helped me deal with the customs. So, if someone is hesitating - don't. HLLY is a good dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back