What program do you use to play your music? (itt: we debate itunes jk)
Oct 13, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #31 of 169
Quote:
umm i use mediamonkey with izotope advanced 5 dsp+eq and studiosound output.the ui is pretty cool and changeable and you can pretty much tell it what to do and it plays everthing...i think.

Ozone 5 running on foobar2000 here, along with resampler, binaural and noise sharpening DSPs.

MediaMonkey can be customized to be a pretty efficient library manager, foobar2000 allows for the same but requires more tinkering. Fortunately I have Media Library configured nicely :)

Oct 13, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #35 of 169
Quote:
Ah I see.

Well it's a pretty simple program to use if I remember correctly(haven't used linux in ages), all GUI based. 

The GUI is qjackctl, right? Just been messing around with CLI options for it, since it's already installed on my system.

For regular playback, ALSA does better bit-perfect playback than W7 from my experience.

Oct 13, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #37 of 169
Anyone know any parametric EQs for Linux? Preferably system-wide. I tried the LADSPA plugin (fil-plugins), but it only worked with Audacious, and that can't detect .cue files properly.

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #38 of 169
Currently I have Zune software for most of my music. I have a Zune and a Zune pass and that system is so simple. I use Foobar which is exclusive to my FLAC collection.

Thanks for the suggestion for MusicBee! I just tried to out, and I may change over to this. It's a similar set-up to JRiver, but I get BSOD with Jriver and WASAPI. I maybe change this to my default system! 

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #39 of 169
If you are using iTunes with Mac OS X Amara HiFi is very good.  If you are using Windows (which I'm not) I have heard that JRiver is excellent for sound and beats the pants off of Itunes for organization.

Oct 16, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #41 of 169
Quote:

Ozone 5 running on foobar2000 here, along with resampler, binaural and noise sharpening DSPs.

MediaMonkey can be customized to be a pretty efficient library manager, foobar2000 allows for the same but requires more tinkering. Fortunately I have Media Library configured nicely :)

+1.ozone is awesome

Oct 16, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #42 of 169
foobar2000 on my W7 PCs.

I've been using EAC to rip CDs to vbr V0 mp3's and then uploading these files to Google Music. (generous 20K songs)

EAC allows me to tag the songs and include album art, which Google Music seems to be able to grab.  I can also download the entire library to any computer I am on, and it maintains the artist/album folder structure. 

Oct 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #43 of 169
When I saw your post, I thought that Google Music would be an awesome way to backup a music library..  So Sad it is available only in the US...
mad.gif

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #44 of 169
[quote name="elwappo99" url="/t/630259/what-program-do-you-use-to-play-your-music-itt-we-debate-itunes-jk/30#post_8777022"

Thanks for the suggestion for MusicBee! I just tried to out, and I may change over to this. It's a similar set-up to JRiver, but I get BSOD with Jriver and WASAPI. I maybe change this to my default system! 
[/quote]

You can use WASAPI with MusicBee but It was suggested to use the ASIO output to stay out of Windows.

Oct 19, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #45 of 169
I mainly use Amarra and Itunes w/ BitPerfect. I also use various vst plugins such as AngelTone (mastering EQ) and TB Isone
(Binaural speaker and room simulator).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back