What program do you use to play your music? (itt: we debate itunes jk)
Oct 20, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #46 of 169
J. River 18 user here, with WASAPI Event Style.  I've been a J. River user for about 3 years now.  Not only is it great for audio it's damn good for video as well.

IMO - one of the best.

Oct 21, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #48 of 169
I too use JRiver Media Center and love it!  It's a slick really program, one of those things where you just know they got it right.

Can't say that I've noticed any differences yet between Versions 17 and 18.  I know they've made a lot of tweaks, but I mostly just use the basic stuff.

For those not familiar with it, here is their website:

http://www.jriver.com/index.html

I have to wholeheartedly agree with punks15 on his statement, "and the theater view is awsummmm".

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #49 of 169
Eh, don't think I'd pay $50 for a media player. I'll give the trial a shot though...

And does anyone know why Winamp seems to be able to tag files that other media players cannot? It's the only media player that has been able to get the tags of a Japanese album I have for some reason(the tags are in English). Along with some other files... it's never failed to tag anything.

Only thing that stops me from using it is that I have some lossless m4a's it can't play.

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #50 of 169
Quote:
Eh, don't think I'd pay $50 for a media player. I'll give the trial a shot though...

And does anyone know why Winamp seems to be able to tag files that other media players cannot? It's the only media player that has been able to get the tags of a Japanese album I have for some reason(the tags are in English). Along with some other files... it's never failed to tag anything.

Only thing that stops me from using it is that I have some lossless m4a's it can't play.

uumm  that $50 media player that you wont pay for - will
L3000.gif

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #53 of 169
Quote:
I have the trial - no it won't.

See this is why you come on over to the Mac side of things. Pay $800 for Amarra and that should play that file. It should. 
tongue.gif

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #55 of 169
Quote:
See this is why you come on over to the Mac side of things. Pay $800 for Amarra and that should play that file. It should. 
tongue.gif

Sounds like a plan! That $800 mediaplayer will go great with my 1000% marked up computer.
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:

What version?   Did you ask the question on the form?

Whatever version is up for download right now. I just installed it like a half hour ago.

I'm gonna try and just fix the problem at it's source and re-rip the songs with EAC and see if that fixes it. The other songs I've had problems with, well I borrowed them so I have no reason to complain there.

I mean I'm guessing the metadata isn't perfect, but Winamp must have some smart tagging system that all the other players seem to lack.

Oct 21, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #56 of 169
Quote:
Sounds like a plan! That $800 mediaplayer will go great with my 1000% marked up computer.
tongue_smile.gif

I mean I'm guessing the metadata isn't perfect, but Winamp must have some smart tagging system that all the other players seem to lack.

Pf, yea, whatever dude!!! What else would we use.. Itunes.pfffffff. Amarra like brings out the good sounds in music. Duh! 
wink_face.gif

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #57 of 169
What does JRiver have that foobar2000 doesnt?  It seems HTPC oriented... is there a comparison to XBMC I can check out?  If it has more features than XBMC I would consider it for my HTPC, but for my regular PC where I just listen to music, I didnt see any features that foobar2000 doesnt have.

Comments/suggestions?

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #58 of 169
Quote:
What does JRiver have that foobar2000 doesnt?  It seems HTPC oriented... is there a comparison to XBMC I can check out?  If it has more features than XBMC I would consider it for my HTPC, but for my regular PC where I just listen to music, I didnt see any features that foobar2000 doesnt have.

Comments/suggestions?

A single solution for both Audio and Video.  Very highly customizable witch both Foobar and XMBC are not.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #59 of 169
Quote:

A single solution for both Audio and Video.  Very highly customizable witch both Foobar and XMBC are not.

Did you just say foobar2000 isn't customizable? Clearly a joke, as foobar2000 is basically THE customizable audio player.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #60 of 169
Quote:

Did you just say foobar2000 isn't customizable? Clearly a joke, as foobar2000 is basically THE customizable audio player.

I siad "Very Highly"  where is the joke?  Compared to J. River

You Clearly have no Idea of the Power of J. River   Foobar can't come close to the Power of J. River  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back