What program do you use to play your music? (itt: we debate itunes jk)
Oct 21, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #76 of 169
Ah, so you have to resort to cursing. Pitiful.

It took you that long to post a single feature that's available on foobar2000? Right.

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #77 of 169
Quote:
Ah, so you have to resort to cursing. Pitiful.

It took you that long to post a single feature that's available on foobar2000? Right.

You are touchy, I didn't insult you.

I'm not at your beckoning. Jeez Roller, this isn't a debate.

That's cool, Foobar has every feature of J. River and some. Cool. Or not, but that's cool, too. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #78 of 169
No one cursed other than you, and that certainly doesn't add anything meaningful to the discussion. But don't worry, that's something you'll learn in time. Or not.

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #79 of 169
popcorn.gif

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #80 of 169
Quote:
No one cursed other than you, and that certainly doesn't add anything meaningful to the discussion. But don't worry, that's something you'll learn in time. Or not.

But your blatant disregard or "misunderstanding"  is meaningful? 

Again, you started this by being the naysayer of my comment of J. River having features Foobar doesn't. I've used both players,
you're all high and mighty about facts, just try the damn music player out, OR inform yourself of the differences between the two.
Unless of course, there aren't any as you imply.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #81 of 169
Quote:
High horse my ass. You didn't redact a thing. I set it straight. J River can be better, it's an opinion. The only thing stated as a fact
was about the feature set. Again did you misunderstand that? 

LOL Yea, ok dude, because this forum is simply about facts and not subjective experiences. Pull your head out of your ass, seriously.

You're the one who has to present a single fact on how JRMC is (according to you) better than foobar2000, as well as having more features. No one else seems to be under your misguided view.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #82 of 169
Quote:

You're the one who has to present a single fact on how JRMC is (according to you) better than foobar2000, as well as having more features. No one else seems to be under your misguided view.

I never said J. River was better than Foobar because of any x reason. Misinformed again. I will say it right now,
J River is better than Foobar because it sounds better to me. Go ahead, bash me for not presenting a fact, since opinions mean nothing.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #83 of 169
Quote:

Kinda confused, what does it do that foobar doesnt as an audio only player?

I did some googling, and didnt see much as to why it would be so much better for a XBMC.  Do you have any good links?

J. River is full of features Foobar doesn't have. But most have no connection with playback abilities or SQ.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #84 of 169
Quote:
I never said J. River was better than Foobar because of any x reason. Misinformed again. I will say it right now,
J River is better than Foobar because it sounds better to me. Go ahead, bash me for not presenting a fact, since opinions mean nothing.

You're right, you just said JRMC had several features foobar2000 didn't have:

Quote:
J. River is full of features Foobar doesn't have. But most have no connection with playback abilities or SQ.

Don't worry, you can't present a fact, only an opinion that wasn't stated as being one.

Of course opinions matter. Informed opinions, that is.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:22 PM Post #85 of 169
Quote:
Seriously dude, you just got done talking out of your ass again. Just redact a few of your statements, try out a few different 
music players, come back with your experience and findings. And then, we could compare notes.

Notes? You show up at this thread with a personal opinion posted as fact, then when confronted over how exactly are the players discussed any different and you suddenly are incapable of posting any valid information.

So, when you actually have something meaningful to add to this thread, do stop by.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #86 of 169
Quote:

I downloaded and used J. River a few times over the years, and was never impressed that it would serve my needs over Media Monkey and VLC Media Player, which I continue to use. Therefore, by your reasoning based on lack of evidence in this thread, I could say the Media Monkey must be much better than J River. 

Not the person making big generalizations based on such limited knowledge of the products that I can't actually back up my claims when I make them 
rolleyes.gif

There's a big difference between claiming something is better (or not) for one's individual needs and making categorical claims that something is definitely superior to something else. 

VLC??    I guess that's because J. River may be a little to powerful for your average VLC user.  VLC is very basic in comparison to J. River.  J. Rivers library management by it's self is light years ahead of VLC.

Library Management
Also allowing full processing in setups with advanced speaker configs such as bi-amping and tri-amping.
The DSP studios implementation 
DSD playback using DoP bitstreaming
Support for OGG files that has more than 2 channels 

The entire Gizmo implementation 
DSP bitdepth Simulator = This is a parametric EQ that allows you to test what different bitdepths sound like.
Speaking of the EQ.  The Parametric EQ can address channels 9 through 16 - Also a subwoofer mode and the subwoofer limiter that does FR based limiting.
The entire Theater View implementation 
Convolution - adjustment for room and size composition.
Play Doctor / Car Radio 
Can build a desktop slide show folder of your choice.  (pretty cool)
Can import and playback SACD ISO files
Great for importing CUE files.  The underlying audio files will not be imported.
A new HDTracks Store

Hows that for facts..

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #87 of 169
Quote:

Notes? You show up at this thread with a personal opinion posted as fact, then when confronted over how exactly are the players discussed any different and you suddenly are incapable of posting any valid information.

So, when you actually have something meaningful to add to this thread, do stop by.

Are you purposely misreading my comments? Which was what, exactly? I posted no personal opinion initially.
I did state J. River has features Foobar doesn't. In which, you attacked me for not presenting a fact.

So I did. And I believe you then antagonized me for not posting quicker or quick enough, or when I was summoned upon by you.

I am not going to argue with you anymore. You've continually mispoken and misquoted me. Cool. Enjoy.

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #88 of 169
Quote:

I downloaded and used J. River a few times over the years, and was never impressed that it would serve my needs over Media Monkey and VLC Media Player, which I continue to use. Therefore, by your reasoning based on lack of evidence in this thread, I could say the Media Monkey must be much better than J River. 

Not the person making big generalizations based on such limited knowledge of the products that I can't actually back up my claims when I make them 
rolleyes.gif

There's a big difference between claiming something is better (or not) for one's individual needs and making categorical claims that something is definitely superior to something else. 

VLC??    I guess that's because J. River may be a little to powerful for your average VLC user.  VLC is very basic in comparison to J. River.  J. Rivers library management by it's self is light years ahead of VLC.

These are features I find useful in JR.  

Library Management
Also allowing full processing in setups with advanced speaker configs such as bi-amping and tri-amping.
The DSP studios implementation 
DSD playback using DoP bitstreaming
Support for OGG files that has more than 2 channels 
The entire Gizmo implementation 
DSP bitdepth Simulator = This is a parametric EQ that allows you to test what different bitdepths sound like.
Speaking of the EQ.  The Parametric EQ can address channels 9 through 16 - Also a subwoofer mode and the subwoofer limiter that does FR based limiting.
The entire Theater View implementation 
Convolution - adjustment for room and size composition.
Play Doctor / Car Radio 
Can build a desktop slide show folder of your choice.  (pretty cool)
Can import and playback SACD ISO files
Great for importing CUE files.  The underlying audio files will not be imported.
A new HDTracks Store

Hows that for facts..

Oct 21, 2012 at 4:31 PM Post #89 of 169
Quote:
Are you purposely misreading my comments? Which was what, exactly? I posted no personal opinion initially.
I did state J. River has features Foobar doesn't. In which, you attacked me for not presenting a fact.

So I did. And I believe you then antagonized me for not posting quicker or quick enough, or when I was summoned upon by you.

I am not going to argue with you anymore. You've continually mispoken and misquoted me. Cool. Enjoy.

You posted JRMC having features foobar2000 doesn't, then don't indicate any feature at all. That is a blanket statement.

You then posted how foobar2000 lacks any form of media network support, which it does. That is a wrong statement.

And finally, you seemed to have become frustrated enough to have to resort to the lowest form of communication, cursing. Learn to be civil first.

Oh, and by all means do quote when I supposedly antagonized you. I'm curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back