What program do you use to play your music? (itt: we debate itunes jk)
Oct 21, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #61 of 169
Quote:

I siad "Very Highly"  where is the joke?  Compared to J. River

You Clearly have no Idea of the Power of J. River   Foobar can't come close to the Power of J. River  

Learn to use sarcasm, not everyone needs to read inexpressible inflexion that's not expressed properly. But good luck on pointing out a shred of evidence of something JRMC does as an audio player that foobar2000 can't.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #62 of 169
Quote:

A single solution for both Audio and Video.  Very highly customizable witch both Foobar and XMBC are not.

Kinda confused, what does it do that foobar doesnt as an audio only player?

I did some googling, and didnt see much as to why it would be so much better for a XBMC.  Do you have any good links?

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #63 of 169
Quote:

Kinda confused, what does it do that foobar doesnt as an audio only player?

I did some googling, and didnt see much as to why it would be so much better for a XBMC.  Do you have any good links?

J. River is full of features Foobar doesn't have. But most have no connection with playback abilities or SQ.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #64 of 169
Quote:
J . River is full of features Foobar doesn't have. But most have no connection with playback abilities or SQ.

Ah, blanket statements that pose no evidence whatsoever, lol. Carry on being deluded then.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #65 of 169
Quote:

Ah, blanket statements that pose no evidence whatsoever, lol. Carry on being deluded then.

Blanket statement how, exactly?

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #66 of 169
Quote:
Blanket statement how, exactly?

You've yet to post a single feature JRMC has that foobar2000 doesn't have. And yes, we're talking about audio player features, video is pointless for this discussion, or the thread itself.

If you want to debate properly, post valid arguments, "x player doesn't have a lot of features that y player has" doesn't count as presenting your point.

Oct 21, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #67 of 169
Quote:

You've yet to post a single feature JRMC has that foobar2000 doesn't have. And yes, we're talking about audio player features, video is pointless for this discussion, or the thread itself.

If you want to debate properly, post valid arguments, "x player doesn't have a lot of features that y player has" doesn't count as presenting your point.

I'll do some research and get back to you with some facts.  

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #70 of 169
Quote:
I'll do some research and get back to you with some facts.  

So you made a statement in this thread about the superiority of one piece of software over another without knowing any evidence yourself to back it up????

Sort of just completely destroyed any credibility for anything else you have to say. LOL

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #71 of 169
When I was in the market for an audio player. I looked at Foobar  / J. River and others.  What I found is that J. River did more for me than Foobar could at that time.  Things like being able to customize just about anything I wanted to.  Foobar did not have that capability at the level of J. River.  

What I said was - I was going to do some research to get the facts so I won't be giving wrong info.  

Yes - I'm not talking about SQ.  I'm talking being very highly customizable.  At this point I have to go back into Foobar to see if things are as I left them.  

And you Are??  

I thought so.

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #72 of 169
Quote:
When I was in the market for an audio player. I looked at Foobar  / J. River and others.  What I found is that J. River did more for me than Foobar could at that time.  Things like being able to customize just about anything I wanted to.  Foobar did not have that capability at the level of J. River.

That basically describes foobar2000 in its entirety.

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #73 of 169
Quote:

First off, you completely disregarded my comment about the differences not being in SQ. 
And as I see it, you like confrontation, so troll on.

I'll state my opinion where I like, this isn't a debate.

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #74 of 169
Quote:
First off, you completely disregarded my comment about the differences not being in SQ.

Actually I had misread it as being SQ related.

In any case, you continue posting without any evidence, making your posts irrelevant. Learn about what you're talking about, then get back and present valid arguments.

And the next time you post your opinions, state they're personal opinions, not facts.

Oct 21, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #75 of 169
Quote:
When I was in the market for an audio player. I looked at Foobar  / J. River and others.  What I found is that J. River did more for me than Foobar could at that time.  Things like being able to customize just about anything I wanted to.  

I downloaded and used J. River a few times over the years, and was never impressed that it would serve my needs over Media Monkey and VLC Media Player, which I continue to use. Therefore, by your reasoning based on lack of evidence in this thread, I could say the Media Monkey must be much better than J River. 

Quote:
And you Are??  

Not the person making big generalizations based on such limited knowledge of the products that I can't actually back up my claims when I make them 
rolleyes.gif

There's a big difference between claiming something is better (or not) for one's individual needs and making categorical claims that something is definitely superior to something else. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back