What percent of your non audiophile friends can appreciate your audio gear?
May 10, 2010 at 9:37 AM Post #16 of 139

Quote:
none of them, but they go to me for headphone suggestions

same here.... all said im crazy but ending up asking me for suggestion about phones....

*like I know much about it lol!

May 10, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #17 of 139
None for me too. I only have one friend who used to be into audio a long time ago, and can appreciate it. But compared to the prices of speaker set ups that he has dreamt about, this is peanuts. Otherwise everyone else just ignores it.

May 10, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #18 of 139
Pfft. My father is the only one I know with any audiophile leanings whatsoever and even those are limited. Everyone else I know is perfectly satisfied by iPod earbuds and whatever they can pick up at the local electronics store for $10 or less.

May 10, 2010 at 10:34 AM Post #19 of 139
None, that's why I spend too much time here.

May 10, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #21 of 139
A few. One uses AD700 with his Essence STX. Another uses CK7 and RE2. Another uses ADDIEM. Another uses AD700, MS1. And...yet another uses ES7 and ON3.
That said, I'm the only one who frequents HF.

May 10, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #22 of 139
My friends don't get it at all. I have convinced my best friend to get a pair of grad0 Sr80i's. He thinks the price was crazy but he does love them. ( I am not a big fan of them, but he listens to crappy 80's rock and they do pair well with it)

Luckily my wife has turned into quite the audio junkie. She has really come a long way in the last couple of years. She is now getting into DIY , which is just AWESOME for me, as I have no mechanical abilities what so ever. She goes through the for sale forums here all the time. She has just as many wants as I do? I love it! 

May 10, 2010 at 12:28 PM Post #24 of 139

Quote:
None, zero, nanda. When I try to talk about audio their eyes glaze over and their heads slump back.

x2
regular_smile .gif

May 10, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #25 of 139
Converted 6 of my friends just by them appreciating and listening to my Denon AH-D2000 with a iBasso D2 DAC/AMP and Denon AH-C751 earphones.

May 10, 2010 at 1:27 PM Post #26 of 139
really no one appreciates my enthusiasm to this hobby,i regretted telling my friend about the price of my ie8.he told all my other friends who never stopped making fun of me for 2 days:) .they all wanted to hear it but as a punshment,i swore i will never let them try it.they get pirated music and listen from the speakers of their mobile and never even get $2 earphone,why should i bother?
the only one that appreciates quality listening is my dad and he has sansa fuze and i bought him fx500 which he has been using it for nearly 7 months.

May 10, 2010 at 1:37 PM Post #27 of 139
All my friend think I am crazy. They wouldn't even buy an earphone above 30 bucks. They think I am wasting my money, because they can't hear the difference between the apple earbuds and my the Klipsch X10s.

May 10, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #28 of 139

Quote:
really no one appreciates my enthusiasm to this hobby,i regretted telling my friend about the price of my ie8.he told all my other friends who never stopped making fun of me for 2 days:) .they all wanted to hear it but as a punshment,i swore i will never let them try it.they get pirated music and listen from the speakers of their mobile and never even get $2 earphone,why should i bother?
the only one that appreciates quality listening is my dad and he has sansa fuze and i bought him fx500 which he has been using it for nearly 7 months.

Perhaps I should get one for my dad too...he is a musician. I grew up listening to him playing music, and somehow, subconsciously, I always look for music.

May 10, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #30 of 139
Almost no one.

Questions about my RE0 usually go like this:

-What brand are they?
-Head-Direct
-Where did you buy them?
-On the internet and had them delivered all the way from China, payed them 60 €
-WHAAAAAT? 60 €? Are you crazy? For some unknown chinese brand? Get some Bose or Beats!!!

I usually change subject then 
biggrin.gif

I managed to get one of my friends to buy M6 though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back