What percent of your non audiophile friends can appreciate your audio gear?
May 10, 2010 at 7:56 PM Post #46 of 139
None of my friends appreciate my gear. My two friends who actually spent a decent amount of money on their setups still think their $150 pair of Klipsch computer speakers are better than what I have. I don't mean to sound like a stuck-up douche, but it just bugs me. :l

May 10, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #47 of 139
That sucks man. IMO just ignore them and try not to let it get to you. At the end of the day you're hearing your music at a much better quality than they are; albeit it's all about the enjoyment so if you aren't getting any of that, what's all this worth? :)

May 10, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #48 of 139
I don't get too mad about it or anything, I just wish they could listen to some music without having the bass blown way out of proportion. They hear something more neutral and just blow it off. But yeah, you're right. At least I'm thoroughly enjoying my music. I just wanted to pass that onto them too. :)

May 10, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #49 of 139

Quote:
at least half of my friends' jaws drop when they listen to my rig, and a few of them actually bought some of the stuff that i have. i should be getting commission...

Agreed, its sort of rewarding in a way
dt880smile.png

May 10, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #50 of 139
^Yea... well I mean it's different strokes for different folks. There are some people who spend a lot more than I do on equipment that I wouldn't necessarily like and visa versa. I just ordered some K702s. Someone else might like the uh....HD 25s over those. It's all down to personal preference. 

May 10, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #51 of 139
No one in my family or close circle of friends understands my apparent obsession with phones and amps...

May 10, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #52 of 139
Yeah, I guess they just don't even like the thought of spending a significant amount of money or something, though. They never really gave any of my stuff a chance, even the Grados that I thought they'd like.

Anyway, enjoy your K702's. I'm definitely in love with my K701's. :)

May 10, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #53 of 139
Quite a few, I have 4 "kill-count" already. Coverting 4 friends from iPod earbuds to

• ES3X, W5000
  • TF10, D7000
  • RE0 x 2
  • SF4

And a few friends liked the headphones alot but not wanting to spend that much.

May 10, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #54 of 139
I'm in the process of trying to direct a friend to some of the more quirky headphone brands - HiFiMan, Etymotic, etc. He's looking for an upgrade from a pair of Sennheiser CX250's. I plan to bring almost my entire collection next time I see him, hopefully to make a fellow convert : D

May 10, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #55 of 139
To add to the point, my friend is adamant on thinking that his Dr. Dre is better than everything else in the world. "Pfft, it's got freaking GOLD jacks!!!" Uhh, so do some $20 headphones too. 
wink.gif

May 10, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #56 of 139
eh, it's a lost cause..
they even listen to my half price of ipod+stock buds, clip+RE0 basics, actually notice how much nicer the sound is, but still live with their ibuds..

May 10, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #57 of 139
Ever try talking to your S.O. about custom's? The conversation goes like this: me: "they are described as having tiny musicians playing live music in your ears, not just speakers" her: " but, how do you know that if you have never heard them? And according to you, every one is individual" me: "well, when I was reasearching on Head-fi and comparing sound signatures and detail retreval..." her: " STOP, what the F are you talking about, I don't care, they are 1000 dollar earbuds, is this a joke???"

May 10, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #58 of 139

Quote:
Quite a few, I have 4 "kill-count" already. Coverting 4 friends from iPod earbuds to

• ES3X, W5000
  • TF10, D7000
  • RE0 x 2
  • SF4

And a few friends liked the headphones alot but not wanting to spend that much.

Damn you're good haha. I've only let one other person listen to my rig and he just happened to walk in the library in the morning and asked about it (pictures on my Facebook). 

May 11, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #60 of 139
haha getting expensive headphones doesn't seem too extreme with the beats headphones out now. I see them all the time on campus now. Seems like it just takes some of the monster's tacky advertising to get people to spend money on audio equipment. 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back