What percent of your non audiophile friends can appreciate your audio gear?
May 10, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #2 of 139
I have only 3 friends to share my audio hobby. Others thought that I am, nuts
angry_face.gif

May 10, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #3 of 139
My friends say that i'm weird. "5 pairs of phones? Etymotic? Ortho? Ultrasone? Kenwood mp3player? Get Porta Pro Ipod & enjoy the best sound in the world!" - that's what they say :)

May 10, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #10 of 139
Only one, its weird because my group of friends is all about music, but care nothing about the listening experience.  

May 10, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #11 of 139
I've sold M11s to a few friends, also convinced a few to get M9s. These people are on student budgets like me, but usually much less.
Sold 3 M11s, convinced 5 M9s (MEelec, you're awesome for budget IEMs), almost convinced a Beyer T50p (woot), convinced 2 to put aside ~$70 budgets. Hopefully future girlfriend to be likes my AD700s. She thinks they're purple and cuddly.

May 10, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #12 of 139
My housemates tell me i'm foolish to spend good money on audio but they always want the Monitor Audio Speakers to come out for any house party's...

Actually a few other friends have bought earphones off me as well, (meeM6, Beyer dtx60, Senn cx55) and they seem to like them.

May 10, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #14 of 139
I have actually converted and trained a number of my friends to appreciate and enjoy a quality system. 2 of which now own old stereo hifi systems of mine when I have upgraded (and sold to them very cheaply, love to keep it in the family and I can still enjoy my gear even if it lives elsewhere).
Still having trouble finding a partner who doesn't think I'm totally crazy when it comes to audio, they might love hearing the home cinema in a movie, but truely appreciate and feel the same satissfaction as myself....yeh hasn't happend yet.

May 10, 2010 at 9:34 AM Post #15 of 139
Porta-pro is not that bad really. Most people I know think portapros are ugly and apple stock headphones are the way to go. I have a couple of buddies who seem to be really into music but me trying to promote at least solid headphones to them is like bashing my head against a brick wall. Those are not the worst kind really. The worst kind are people who pay 200-300 bucks for headsets, see me wearing my hd25s and look at me indulgently like I'm 8 and done something really wrong then hand me over their purchase and say - here buddy, listen to some real sound. So basically there's no one I know in real life who is at least reasonable about the sound quality. 
triportsad.gif

Quote:
My friends say that i'm weird. "5 pairs of phones? Etymotic? Ortho? Ultrasone? Kenwood mp3player? Get Porta Pro Ipod & enjoy the best sound in the world!" - that's what they say :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back