What pair of headphones do you regret selling the most?
Jan 18, 2022 at 2:36 AM Post #61 of 69
I have to say it's my Fostex TH-900, I actually regret letting this go much more than the Focal Utopia's. Many years later, I have the Stax SR-009 and Hifiman Susvaras which are more desktop-level headphones, or the V-Moda Crossfades and Dali iO-6 which are my fun headphones.

Would have been nice to have kept the TH-900 that could still be easily driven with portable dac/amps.

Jan 18, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #63 of 69
I have to say it's my Fostex TH-900, I actually regret letting this go much more than the Focal Utopia's. Many years later, I have the Stax SR-009 and Hifiman Susvaras which are more desktop-level headphones, or the V-Moda Crossfades and Dali iO-6 which are my fun headphones.

Would have been nice to have kept the TH-900 that could still be easily driven with portable dac/amps.
I regret selling my W3000ANV for the TH-900. Funny hobby. :sunglasses: Hope you're doing well sir!

Jan 19, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #64 of 69
no regret selling but I regret loosing 2 pairs of yamaha eph-100. I have absolutely no clue how I lost them they kind of disappeared at the same time! One day I just could not find them.

I did repurchase one but it was actually cheaper second time around so didn´t loose any for it :)

Jan 7, 2024 at 7:24 PM Post #66 of 69
the only headphone i sold that i somewhat regret is the STAX SR 009S

not worth the price and not my favorite phone and not my ideal tuning but it had a unique sound presentation

would probably buy a new old stock 009 at the right price ($2000ish bucks) to replace it (cannot say i would replace anything else i sold)

Jan 7, 2024 at 9:48 PM Post #67 of 69
I sold the AKG K701 a few years back. It’s that famous white head phone. It’s a great headphone and I love it.

I may buy it again however, my replacement is the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 which is also excellent and coincidentally it’s also a popular industry standard among many recording engineers.

Also: I used to own the Grado 60 model and eventually gave it to a friend as a gift even though I enjoyed it…..I am considering buying it again because it’s just convenient to have around the house if you want to quickly listen to some music and it sounds great

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #68 of 69
Power Acoustik HP-902RFT 2 Swivel Ear Pad 2-Channel RF 900 Mhz Wireless Headphones with Transmitter. Sold them many years ago, still regret that decision.
I already found contacts of power acoustik customer service and will contact them and see if they can help me to get a similar pair. Besides that I didn't have any headphones I would really miss.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back