What OS do you run: XP, Vista, Linux, Mac?
Aug 19, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #271 of 360
Hey, there's no poll choice for this OS!
wink.gif

Windows-1-0_550x366.jpg

Aug 20, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #273 of 360
@lowfreak - i paid 0$ for it and got massive performance increase... what's not to love! :p Nice setup, i've heard of noctua fans, i'd have purchased them had they been out when i built my case. The 2900 HD XT is a wonderful and extensible card showing ATi's love of finesse in graphics solutiosn, should be good for a long time coming. you're right about the 12cm fans, i was looking at a psu (review) of a psu with a 140mm, that's where I got dorked up, my bad.

those corsairs are nice, aren't they. IF only their memory was that good. I think i'm gonna hit up gskill next or something.

Aug 20, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #274 of 360
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhynri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@lowfreak - i paid 0$ for it and got massive performance increase... what's not to love! :p

Are you kidding?! If I could swipe a half-dozen Raptors from an insurance co. I'd RAID them too!
very_evil_smiley.gif
*MUAAAhahaha*

Quote:

Nice setup, i've heard of noctua fans, i'd have purchased them had they been out when i built my case. The 2900 HD XT is a wonderful and extensible card...

Thanx.
smily_headphones1.gif
Well, fans don't last forever so the next time you're in need of one, try a Noctua and see if you like their sound "signature", (or lack of one!)

I took a pic of the 2900's box when I first got it in. I put the K701's and CD there to give a sense of how ENORMOUS the package was.
blink.gif
It came with a ton of schwag tho':

K7012900XTbox01-copy.jpg

Quote:

those corsairs are nice, aren't they. IF only their memory was that good. ...

LOL! I'm not a big fan of Corsair's RAM either, but some people love it. (I've had great luck with Crucial and OCZ.) The 'HX' PSU's certainly are pretty tho'. I didn't take a pic of the Infiniti PSU yet, it's a nice looker too.

Aug 20, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #275 of 360
Just recently started doing a dual boot of xp 32bit, and vista home ultimate 32bit

Aug 21, 2007 at 7:15 AM Post #276 of 360
Debian AMD64 Testing. Runs fast and stable. Been through about a half-dozen Linux distributions in the past week and a half and I think this one's staying. I also have a Windows Vista partition, mainly for Outlook and mobile phone flashing tools, but don't plan on booting into it much.

Aug 21, 2007 at 7:23 AM Post #277 of 360
Spent 40 minutes working on a Mac and could barely keep myself from chucking it clear out the window. I'm sticking with XP for a while.

Aug 22, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #279 of 360
OS X all the way!

8 hours/day of XP torture at work is more than enough for me. My home PC (W2K) has only been on for 4 hours this year... 3 hours for anti-virus/spyware/windows updates, and less than 1 hour for actual work... nuff said.

Aug 22, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #280 of 360
@Lowfreak - if only they were. These Fluid Dynamic Bearings best feature is the fact that they are rated 5mil hours mtbf - server quality stuff. I doubt they will break anytime soon. But if i ever have the need for a better fan (i think i will be replacing the one on my hdd cage sooners, it's a bit bright and noisy being a thermaltake... I'll be grabbsings a Noctua.

Oh, I got my HD650 Senns today. Picked them up for 330$. Very yummy. They sound better than my 530 Shures, but the Shures are amazing for In Ear phones...

Dec 18, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #281 of 360
I am dual booting XP Pro SP3 (32bit) & Ubuntu 8.10 (x86, will try AMD64 distro soon)

Dec 18, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #283 of 360
I mainly run Windows XP, after switching to vista I switched back. I also run ubuntu studio, I think there is only one version of that so far.

Dec 18, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #285 of 360
There was no "All of the above" option.

I run OS X / Windows XP on Macbook (Bootcamp)

Windows XP / RH Linux Work

Used to run Vista before I got my Macbook. I have pretty much run about every major linux distro at one point or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back