What Military Branch Are/Were You In?
Feb 5, 2003 at 10:11 AM Post #46 of 52
yage: Yeah, be prepared to be doing a few extra flutter kicks and low crawls
smily_headphones1.gif
My assigned "battle buddy" was OCS, and he was smoked a few more times because of that fact
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2003 at 11:40 AM Post #47 of 52
Good morning Jeff!,

Ahhhhhhhhh S. Korea, huh? LOL Yeah, I remember my time there back in '95 when I was stationed at Camp Page in Chun-Chon.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm "assuming"(since you're artillary?) that you're stationed in Camp Casey, correct???

I know what'cha mean when you say "cold", too. Well, I SHOULD know,.....I was Retrans. when I was there, so I used know every possible high mountain-top on the southern penninsula, unfortunately.
frown.gif

Now, I'm an optical engineer who sits behind a desk for most of my day, not having to ever worry about that sorta environment again.

Although, I DO miss alot about S.Korea, like shopping in Yongsan/Itaewon districts, trips to Lotte World, and traveling around Seoul, etc.
smily_headphones1.gif

Enjoy your stay, and please make the most of your time there. You may never be there again.
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2003 at 2:29 PM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by plainsong
Well if no one sees anything wrong with this kind of small-minded thinking, then that's your loss.

I feel bad for you. I'm not being sarcastic, and I'm not driven by anger or anything, I just do. It's sad if you honestly can't see what's wrong with labeling an entire group of people. It takes very little brain-power to think like that.

I wasn't offended, but you should remember that when you make blanket statements, especially online, it shows in inability to think outside yourself and your small world.

Remember, there are people behind the computer screens. You newbies (people who only started using the net after the www) have a tendancy to forget that.

I'm sure that you are entirely missing the intended humor here.None of us really think the coast guard is useless.A lot of inter-service slander takes place on a near constant basis.Among service personnel this is no big deal.I get all kinds of **** from ARMY and NAVY guys and we all give it to AIR FORCE guys.I lived on an ARMY base for three years,it was awful.No harm is done.I'm sure your cousin has some choice words for all of us too.

Feb 5, 2003 at 2:44 PM Post #49 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by Tuberoller
I'm sure that you are entirely missing the intended humor here.None of us really think the coast guard is useless.A lot of inter-service slander takes place on a near constant basis.Among service personnel this is no big deal.I get all kinds of **** from ARMY and NAVY guys and we all give it to AIR FORCE guys.I lived on an ARMY base for three years,it was awful.No harm is done.I'm sure your cousin has some choice words for all of us too.

You mean, such slanderous terms, like:

"chAir Force"?

"Air Force Pysical Fitness test merely requires them to breathe without getting tired." LOL
wink.gif

"This is a sad, sad day for the Air Force. The cable's out!"

In Tuberoller's defense, yes.......terms like that amungst service personnel are VERY common, practically everyday occurance.
wink.gif

In my aviation unit in S.Korea, we had an Air Force weather dettachment of 4 or 5 personnel. We were all really good friends/co-workers, but we gave each other hell ALL the time.
wink.gif

Feb 5, 2003 at 11:04 PM Post #50 of 52
Damn I miss my home town in SK, I should have joined the Army, that way I could play with guns and actually do cool **** instead of changing parts/servicing on a friggin engine all day.

Feb 6, 2003 at 1:09 AM Post #51 of 52
I thought the USAF related sarcasm was hilarious and accurate. Audio & Me has nothing to appologize for....

My oldest brother did 20 years in the Army as an MP. He still jokes to me about "You know what the military is like - oops, that's right - you were in the Air Force!!"

My nephew has a killer website (sorry). He's a Ranger/Jumpmaster in Italy somewhere. I'll drop a link when I re-figure it out.

My last 2 years in the USAF were a drag. I dealt with it by doing lots of cartoons. Some of them got copied and got around. The best part was that anyone from AB to Col types would laugh at them. Whenever I do my own 'site, I'll put them up. A lot of them were titled "Sgt. Goodwrench".

Feb 6, 2003 at 9:58 AM Post #52 of 52
Hey woodman, actually I'm at Camp Stanley. Small post here, but atleast I can walk to any place I need to be.

Korea is fine, it's just that I'd rather be in the states
smily_headphones1.gif
Only 15 or so months left here, heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back